Demi Lovato Explains Why She Wants to Stop Touring: ‘I Can’t Do This Anymore’

Z91

Well!! Her show for me is short , her previous tour for me needed more energy and things than this one..

And about touring, you could be tired if you allow that or take permision, for example last britney tours were horrible i mean in femme fatale she flew almost every day , when she arrived to venezuela from colombia, after the show she departed to houston to see her kids in 1 day, and the next 2 days she was flying to mexico and them to Us, AND she was like flying every day, so thats not well for anybody.

People need to tour like before the people went 2 before the concert day and the other day after the concert leave the country, right now the concerts tickets are higher, the tour production more poor than before , and the artist just spend hours in every city.

IM SORRY!!!

yes mental health & you’re well being is more important than promoting and album and all…

BUT

promoting & touring is part of the job. If you can’t handle it you shouldn’t be doing this job. 

I couldn’t go into work & say one part of it is hard on me so I’m not gonna do it.  

Demi. Bieber. Mendes. All the same. Stay home & live a normal life if the public life is too hard on you. 

• Love 1
  • Like 6
9 minutes ago, allthat88 said:

IM SORRY!!!

yes mental health & you’re well being is more important than promoting and album and all…

BUT

promoting & touring is part of the job. If you can’t handle it you shouldn’t be doing this job. 

I couldn’t go into work & say one part of it is hard on me so I’m not gonna do it.  

Demi. Bieber. Mendes. All the same. Stay home & live a normal life if the public life is too hard on you. 

I agree somewhat. No idea what's going on with Justin and Shawn, I don't care about them. Touring is a basically essential part of being a recording artist. Enya is the only person I can think of who doesn't do it, and she's got the sales to back that decision up. This Demi tour is only 2 months and there are days in between most of the shows that are in different cities. If she really can't handle a tour like this I think it doesn't bode well for her music career. I do like her music, have seen her live myself, and I'm not trying to be mean. 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Aussie Stan said:

God she’s officially not a “they” anymore. Stop calling her “they”.

:nydisgust_miss_new_york_tiffany_gross_pollard_ew:

Anyway good for her for acknowledging the toll of touring on her mental health - it’s really important to be self aware and look after yourself. So it’s great to see her prioritising herself. 

:yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

If you change your gender twice in one year, not everyone is gonna get the update

• Haha 6
3 hours ago, allthat88 said:

Bieber. Mendes. All the same. Stay home & live a normal life if the public life is too hard on you. 

Although I see where you´re coming from, if I am not mistaken, Shawn  has / had mental health issues and Justin is / was sick, so I would not call it 'public life being too hard on them' but I am not sure. I do not keep up with any type of news about celebs´ life most of the time, so I might be off. 

As for Demi, I´ve seen her 'mental health issues' when she for no reason at all attacted that small froyo shop in the middle of pandemic when they needed every coin possible. Also, her regular theatrical tantrums left bad taste in my mouth, so she´s cancelled and so is her 'music' and her tour. :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink: Since she cannot do it, I will welcome her in any shop or something or wherever else just to see her doing something she enjoys. :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

• Like 2
5 hours ago, aoki.loid said:

any 1 else blaming scooter 😓

when ariana last toured she had 101 dates & it lasted 4 9 months :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

ariana would often start crying randomly on certain dates of the tour 2 😦

apparently she met her friends social house when she was crying after marketing the tour 🤭

she’s managed by scooter braun 😭

justin bieber is apparently also facing fatigue from touring 😓 (i don’t like his music but that doesn’t mean i cant feel bad 🤭)

scooter’s also making Taylor re-record all her albums for the songs from them 2 be performed :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

i’m not surprised that demi’s wants 2 stop 😯

they’re managed by scooter

(THIS WAS SO LONG IM SORRY 🤔🤔🤔)

I think Mac Miller’s passing affected her a lot, she cried during a few performances of Thank U Next. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, allthat88 said:

IM SORRY!!!

BUT

Yeah except people with mental health issues can genuinely struggle with work. But they still go into work as they need the money. 

• Like 2

It's ok if she doesn't want to anymore, but I feel artists nowadays just want the easiest way: drop a song (and 101 remixes that nobody ask for), a music video (if we are lucky) and make millions.

No promo (apart from social media posts), no live performances, no new photoshoots, etc.

I'm not talking about every single artists out there, but most of them

• Love 2
  • Like 3

Britney did it first :explainlol_stare_spin:

No but seriously, concerts used to be the main source of income for artists. But as said earlier in this thread, they have become a luxury. Nowadays concert tickets are minimum of like 70-150$ and can go as high as 600$ for good seats/vip package. In early 2000 you could get tickets to biggest popstars concert for 25-50$. Just like movie theaters and their ever rising prices are suffering from loss of audiences, these artists are burnt out because they keep performing to half-filled theaters... It's sad but they can't attract non fans anymore. :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

• Like 1

Some of these celebs are annoying. Just like the media I don’t believe them. Most just speak out their *** for attention like Demi anyway. 

I do agree with others that high ticket prices are the reason for low attendance. Things in this world have become too expensive for most. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Groundbreaking said:

Although I see where you´re coming from, if I am not mistaken, Shawn  has / had mental health issues and Justin is / was sick, so I would not call it 'public life being too hard on them' but I am not sure. I do not keep up with any type of news about celebs´ life most of the time, so I might be off. 

As for Demi, I´ve seen her 'mental health issues' when she for no reason at all attacted that small froyo shop in the middle of pandemic when they needed every coin possible. Also, her regular theatrical tantrums left bad taste in my mouth, so she´s cancelled and so is her 'music' and her tour. :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink: Since she cannot do it, I will welcome her in any shop or something or wherever else just to see her doing something she enjoys. :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

Plus add Hailey his wife having her own health crisis including heart surgery, he has to draw a line, cos I can only imagine being in a different state and have to do the job, even though your wife needs you more.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.