Lynne Spears responds to Britney's explosive audio

9 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

And? This isn’t about her or her life. She could have spoke up and wasn’t being held against her will. She’s a grown woman and knows right from wrong. She allowed Britney to get trafficked and abused. End of story. 

Hello I feel like you only read the first sentence I wrote and somehow missed the whole rest of my comment???

I'd have thought the phrase "that doesn't make her own wrongdoings go away" and the whole second paragraph makes it pretty damn clear I'm not excusing her in any way.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mwilliams917 said:

Love how you all commenting on the situation call her the worst mom ever and you all don't know anything. I'm sure there's more to the story than what meets the eye but you'd think you all listen to every phone call, see every text and have lunch with the Spears' every Sunday. 

This you, Loucifer?

• Like 2
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, Tar_isa said:

Hello I feel like you only read the first sentence I wrote and somehow missed the whole rest of my comment???

I'd have thought the phrase "that doesn't make her own wrongdoings go away" and the whole second paragraph makes it pretty damn clear I'm not excusing her in any way.

You still coddled Lynne in the beginning :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red: 

1 hour ago, BUWYGF said:

We believe what Britney says, and BRITNEY SAYS her own mother turned against her and abused her along with her whole family. I would never believe the oppressor over the victim, end of story. 

Speaking in absolutes is the issue with society. Let's say I claim you abused me. I don't even know you but If anyone follows your logic no matter what you say they can never believe you. That's silly. For the record, I don't think that happened here. I fully believe Britney too but I just want you to hear how illogical saying you'll never believe the oppreser over the victim sounds if you don't have the full story

Now back to my point. There can be two sides to every story. Unless you think Britney is some immortal god (which I know some of you may actually believe, which is weird) there could be some issues that she misconstrued. I don't know if that's the case but if I don't then neither do you. All I'm saying is that people shouldn't take everything a human says at face value because I guarantee it's more nuanced of a situation than any of us know. In fact Britney may not have all the details herself if word getting back to her was always controlled. 

Alas I'm typing this to people who I know will continue to flame me with toxicity because trying to be reasonable. Britney loved her mom. We saw that from her entire career. I think she'd benefit from meeting with her mom and at least hearing her out and giving that relationship a chance. It's her life not ours. At the end of the day when you log out of exhale and go back to your life, she's going to be left without a relationship with a mom who seems like she wants to make it right. You all watching this unfold and wishing for the relationship to be forever severed are toxic. 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
Just now, mwilliams917 said:

Speaking in absolutes is the issue with society. Let's say I claim you abused me. I don't even know you but If anyone follows your logic no matter what you say they can never believe you. That's silly. For the record, I don't think that happened here. I fully believe Britney too but I just want you to hear how illogical saying you'll never believe the oppreser over the victim sounds if you don't have the full story

Now back to my point. There can be two sides to every story. Unless you think Britney is some immortal god (which I know some of you may actually believe, which is weird) there could be some issues that she misconstrued. I don't know if that's the case but if I don't then neither do you. All I'm saying is that people shouldn't take everything a human says at face value because I guarantee it's more nuanced of a situation than any of us know. In fact Britney may not have all the details herself if word getting back to her was always controlled. 

Alas I'm typing this to people who I know will continue to flame me with toxicity because trying to be reasonable. Britney loved her mom. We saw that from her entire career. I think she'd benefit from meeting with her mom and at least hearing her out and giving that relationship a chance. It's her life not ours. At the end of the day when you log out of exhale and go back to your life, she's going to be left without a relationship with a mom who seems like she wants to make it right. You all watching this unfold and wishing for the relationship to be forever severed are toxic. 

Hi Lou :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

You still coddled Lynne in the beginning :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red: 

JFC relax. Aknowledging abuse isn't coddling, life isn't black and white.

Lots of psycopaths and serial killers were victims of abuse, and saying that isn't "coddling", it's just having perspective. 

Yes, I'm able to feel bad for the abuse someone suffered and still hold them accountable for their actions, and if you aren't able to separate the two things then I'm sorry.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, mwilliams917 said:

This sounds very naive, when Lynne is playing both teams, demanding Brintey pays for all her legal fees with one hand then writing sweet patronizing instagram posts looking like she did nothing wrong and not once aknowledging her daughter's pain.

That's not how you repair a broken relationship. No matter how much love there might be between them, Lynne should respect Britney's deep trauma and her journey into healing and not pressure her and make it all about herself, and she also should practice some contriction, being such a christian lady and all that.

Britney can still love her mom (I think she does and that's exactly why she's more disappointed in her than anyone else), and know that their relationship is not healthy and she's better off keeping her at a distance.

• Love 4
  • Super Mods
17 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

JFC relax. Aknowledging abuse isn't coddling, life isn't black and white.

Lots of psycopaths and serial killers were victims of abuse, and saying that isn't "coddling", it's just having perspective. 

Yes, I'm able to feel bad for the abuse someone suffered and still hold them accountable for their actions, and if you aren't able to separate the two things then I'm sorry.

Lynne trafficked her daughter. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, generation glory said:

Britney’s been out of the conservatorship for nine months. Never once have any of her family or friends uttered the words “I’m sorry” when they respond publicly which is only to defend themselves since they only care about themselves and how others perceive them.

Truth is, none of them actually believe they have anything to apologize to Britney for. They have a lot to be sorry about!! They probably think Britney owes them not only an apology for putting their azz on blast, but a ‘thank you’ for them “trying” to help at the last minute (to save face). These are the most toxic bunch of people I’ve ever seen in my life!! Like I said earlier, at this point it doesn’t even matter anymore. They all can keep any future, half-hearted I’m sorry’s. 

100% This!!! No accountability or remorse from anyone. The only person I recall seeing any sort of apology from was Tish (and I think there is a long list of people at fault before Tish who was a wardrobe designer). 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
19 minutes ago, Turts07 said:

100% This!!! No accountability or remorse from anyone. The only person I recall seeing any sort of apology from was Tish (and I think there is a long list of people at fault before Tish who was a wardrobe designer). 

And some on here will still make up excuses for Lynne  :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.