Camila Cabello and Hans Zimmer to release song for Frozen Planet II UPDATE: watch trailer now

AndyFoster

spacer.png

The new track, ‘Take Me Back Home’, marks the first time a new song has been written to support a BBC One natural history landmark release and features the haunting vocals of Cabello supported by the epic orchestration of Zimmer and his long-term collaborators - arranger Anže Rozman and producer Russell Emanuel for Bleeding Fingers Music.

A sequel to 2011’s ground-breaking series, Frozen Planet II is a spellbinding six-episode journey through earth’s magical icy lands including the north and south poles, narrated by Sir David Attenborough and produced by BBC Studios’ Natural History Unit, the makers of Blue Planet II and Planet Earth II.

BBC Radio 1 will globally debut ‘Take Me Back Home’ on the Greg James Show this Friday, August 26th with a little help from Cabello and Zimmer themselves ahead of the Frozen Planet II first-look trailer’s debut at 1200hrs UK BST that same day on BBC Earth and BBC Studios Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube accounts. It will also launch on Camila Cabello’s social media accounts, to her millions of followers.

https://www.bbc.com/mediacentre/bbcstudios/2022/camila-cabello-and-hans-zimmer-collaborate-on-new-song-for-frozen-planet-II

UPDATE:

here’s the song

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ij7yEYTKoRM

• Like 1
1 hour ago, petermaxforreal said:

I love Hans Zimmer and can't wait to hear it... to go well with the topic I would choose a more soothing vocalist like Billie Eilish... Camilla can sound like a scarecrow :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

The song is out, I heard it on radio 1 iPlayer but I can’t find it online anywhere yet for some reason. It’s very anthemic, the ending is so dramatic, kind of reminds me of Leona Lewis I See You. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block