Do you all get bored discussing the same issues and topics over and over again?

Do you get bored talking about the same topics over and over again?   

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This thread isn’t meant to diss anyone or anything, but a genuine question I’ve been wondering lately: do you ever get bored seeing the same topics over and over again on the homepage? 

I know part of the reason I started disliking a majority of artists a lot of people stan on here is the massive overexposure of information being discussed over and over again. Most times there are ten threads about the same topic (I.e. Beyoncé’s Renaissance, Britney’s Elton collab, Britney’s single Instagram post being turned into ten different threads, etc) I’m guilty of it too since I created a thread about the Britney/Elton collab. However, it’s tiring and now I understand why @Jordan Miller decided to open the forum to different topics. I love Britney and always will but how many times can we post about the memes she posts, Vicky T’s posts about her posts, what her stupid family is up to and how much we all hate them, etc?). I’m guessing I’m in the minority and know even seeing like 6 old Dua Lipa threads on the homepage gave me anxiety even though I love and admire her. Too much of a good thing isn’t good for anyone.

Thoughts? :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

Britney's situation is so tiring to discuss now and its not her fault. The thread im fed up of discussing is B10 and what sound/theme we think/want. we've got no idea when/if B10 will be released and theres been a billion threads on when itll be released and what possible theme/sound she'll go for. fed up of discussing the cship but unfortunately i know that is a big topic still that needs to be spoken about

Away from Britney, im sick of discussing  Rihannas bloody new album that im at the point where i think she's taking the piss and its never gunna be released. since 2018 shes been saying its 'coming soon' and its been discussed to death and im sick to death of it now

• Love 1
  • Like 2
23 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

Britney's situation is so tiring to discuss now and its not her fault. The thread im fed up of discussing is B10 and what sound/theme we think/want. we've got no idea when/if B10 will be released and theres been a billion threads on when itll be released and what possible theme/sound she'll go for. fed up of discussing the cship but unfortunately i know that is a big topic still that needs to be spoken about

Away from Britney, im sick of discussing  Rihannas bloody new album that im at the point where i think she's taking the piss and its never gunna be released. since 2018 shes been saying its 'coming soon' and its been discussed to death and im sick to death of it now

Thank you for prefacing that it is not Britney’s fault. It is absolutely not her fault and I never intend to blame anyone for being the subject of our conversations. It’s not her fault people wish to discuss every aspect of her life down to the very last detail endlessly. I am excited for this new collab she has coming out, but for the rest of it? I just want her to live her life happily and wish she took much needed time away from social media

• Love 2

I mean we could always have one thread per artist in the music forum, maybe to make things cleaner, then we can discuss all news and any general discussion pertaining to that artist in that thread.

I don't mind discussing the same things in regards to the music mainly. It's fun to talk about our favourite songs, albums etc.

I can understand people might be tiring of the c-ship/Britney's situation which is understandable, but any major news, such as K-Fed's new interview is worth sharing (and the thread has blown up lol)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Isla said:

I mean we could always have one thread per artist in the music forum, maybe to make things cleaner, then we can discuss all news and any general discussion pertaining to that artist in that thread.

I don't mind discussing the same things in regards to the music mainly. It's fun to talk about our favourite songs, albums etc.

I can understand people might be tiring of the c-ship/Britney's situation which is understandable, but any major news, such as K-Fed's new interview is worth sharing (and the thread has blown up lol)

https://voca.ro/1e8IoCKuMw4I

• Haha 1

Oh I totally get your point, but I guess there are many reasons behind that. One is definitely this new social media culture in which big corporations want to pigeon hole people with algorithms just so they can bombard us with methodical and controlled ads. The other is that, honestly, culture in general has gotten so basic and uninspired... Maybe because we're suffocating ourselves in information with little to no reflection, so nothing seems exciting or impressive or outstanding anymore. We cannot create and consume that fast... I remember having three or four albums maximum A YEAR when I was younger in the nineties...

ugh I guess my point is that people need to stop living at the speed of light and rummage whatever is going on around them. Maybe then we'll start talking about more diverse topics, or more profoundly about what we already know. So far it's a lot of "my fave is better than your fave, look at the numbers!" :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever: or even worse, "this bish should rot in hell" :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
39 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Oh I totally get your point, but I guess there are many reasons behind that. One is definitely this new social media culture in which big corporations want to pigeon hole people with algorithms just so they can bombard us with methodical and controlled ads. The other is that, honestly, culture in general has gotten so basic and uninspired... Maybe because we're suffocating ourselves in information with little to no reflection, so nothing seems exciting or impressive or outstanding anymore. We cannot create and consume that fast... I remember having three or four albums maximum A YEAR when I was younger in the nineties...

ugh I guess my point is that people need to stop living at the speed of light and rummage whatever is going on around them. Maybe then we'll start talking about more diverse topics, or more profoundly about what we already know. So far it's a lot of "my fave is better than your fave, look at the numbers!" :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever: or even worse, "this bish should rot in hell" :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

Yes to all of this. I can’t sit and listen to entire albums like I used to anymore except for a handful. Back in the day I would listen to the same albums on repeat every day and it was like the first time 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block