Did you have braces growing up?

• Super Mods

Who here had braces but then lost their retainers and now needs braces again? :clownery_makeup_meme:Just me? Cool :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

My teeth are starting to shift and I’m debating just doing veneers. Has anyone here gotten veneers? Are they worth it? Jordan Dentist GIF by Katie Price 
I don’t want the ones where they shave my teeth down like this because it scares me :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

Are straight teeth even a thing anymore? Do I bother getting them corrected? :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

PS back in my day, it was the cool thing to get braces and I begged my parents for them and got them for my birthday  :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Its Been A Long Time Reaction GIF

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
6 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Soo funny you mentioned this. I am getting Invisalign on Friday (but I had braces growing up yes - lost my damn retainers though 🤦🏼‍♂️). My teeth are pretty straight but I can tell a few have shifted and they'll continue to. My boyfriend is a dentist btw so I'm going to be in good hands :sneer_purple_hat_smile_smirk_there_tree_:

Omg literally the exact same scenario as me! Ugh the upkeep of beauty :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad: I’ve heard Invisalign is amazing!!! 

Your boyfriend is a dentist? You win :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink::mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
36 minutes ago, NewChasey'sOnAMission said:

Not only did I have braces once, but I had to get them twice. Plus Expanders, and unfortunately head gear also 🤦‍♂️ My teeth were all kinds of messed up lol. Unfortunately I lost my retainer and my teeth have shifted quite a bit. I would like to possibly do braces, or invisalign or something one day maybe.

I’m so mad at myself for losing my retainers :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Soo funny you mentioned this. I am getting Invisalign on Friday (but I had braces growing up yes - lost my damn retainers though 🤦🏼‍♂️). My teeth are pretty straight but I can tell a few have shifted and they'll continue to. My boyfriend is a dentist btw so I'm going to be in good hands :sneer_purple_hat_smile_smirk_there_tree_:

Oh cool!

Let us know what it was like.

I'd love to know especially since im considering them.

• Super Mods
On 7/21/2022 at 3:20 AM, PokemonSpears said:

I had when I was 20 - 22

then two years of retainer

they have moved a little bit ever since

Do you still have your retainers? I lost mine and I’ll definitely have to start the whole process over again. I think Invisalign would be my smartest option because they haven’t moved too much but enough for me to notice :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

8 hours ago, GlitterRain said:

Do you still have your retainers? I lost mine and I’ll definitely have to start the whole process over again. I think Invisalign would be my smartest option because they haven’t moved too much but enough for me to notice :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

I don't, because the dentist said I should use it only two years, so I stopped after that. The teeth moved a little bit, so it doesn't fit anymore anyways. But I had a, I think it's called a dental guard, made for me because apparently I clench my teeth at night, so that's the only thing I'm using right now.

I also had a permanent retainer for the lower teeth, along with the plastic one for the upper ones, but that was removed as well after two years.

• Like 1
  • Leader
On 7/20/2022 at 9:07 PM, GlitterRain said:

Omg literally the exact same scenario as me! Ugh the upkeep of beauty :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad: I’ve heard Invisalign is amazing!!! 

Your boyfriend is a dentist? You win :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink::mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Haha yeah I’m super excite to get them. I’ll keep you posted on how my teeth (hopefully) change!

And yeah he is a dentist haha. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Love 1
  • Leader
18 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't, because the dentist said I should use it only two years, so I stopped after that. The teeth moved a little bit, so it doesn't fit anymore anyways. But I had a, I think it's called a dental guard, made for me because apparently I clench my teeth at night, so that's the only thing I'm using right now.

I also had a permanent retainer for the lower teeth, along with the plastic one for the upper ones, but that was removed as well after two years.

I have a guard too but I hate wearing it :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block