Is Britney the modern day Judy Garland?

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Was judy garland as much of a s.ex symbol as B? I always saw the parallels of B and Marilyn. I don’t know much about Judy Garland

She suffered the creepy old men in Hollywood that didn’t necessarily ***ualize her in films but more so behind the scenes. She was no prude and loved to have a good time! She was also married countless times. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, GlitterRain said:

She suffered the creepy old men in Hollywood that didn’t necessarily ***ual ode her in films but more so behind the scenes. She was no prude and loved to have a good time! She was also married countless times. 

I know this is Hollywood blasphemy, but I mostly Know Judy garland as Liza minelli’s mother 😆

it seems like Hollywood hasn’t changed too much in the past 75 years

On 7/15/2022 at 5:56 PM, BlackoutITZ said:

Britney's actual life experiences are similar to Judy Garland, but her public image and celebrity status is more comparable to Marilyn Monroe.

However, thankfully Britney's story doesn't have a tragic ending and she has been able to survive the unsurvivable.

I’m sorry but as much as we all love her we can’t say she’s comparable to Marilyn Monroe lol

She was undoubtedly the world’s biggest pop star in the early noughties and has marked a generation, but she doesn’t have the same cultural impact and celebrity status (as you said) of Marilyn Monroe. No one does.

20 hours ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

I’m sorry but as much as we all love her we can’t say she’s comparable to Marilyn Monroe lol

She was undoubtedly the world’s biggest pop star in the early noughties and has marked a generation, but she doesn’t have the same cultural impact and celebrity status (as you said) of Marilyn Monroe. No one does.

Okay well that's your opinion, I personally think that Britney is the only celebrity of the modern day who is comparable to Marilyn in the sense that they both were the blonde icons of their respective generations, both became the defining beauty standard for their time, both became worldwide s** symbols, both weren't taken completely seriously by critics and the general public despite having a lot of talent, both had turbulent personal lives that became as well-known as their work, both were mistreated by the industry and the public, I could go on.

While Marilyn definitely made an impact that was very unique to her, there are several parallels between her and Britney, and if Marilyn's celebrity status was to be compared to any modern day celebrity, the option that would logically make the most sense is Britney.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
On 7/16/2022 at 6:14 PM, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

You are so wrong. Britney is much bigger and that's a fact. Troll.

• Haha 1
On 7/15/2022 at 1:09 PM, that's hot y'all said:

she is THE NEW MICHAEL JACKSON !

FilmMagic-110565413.jpg?format=1000w

This makes more sense to me tbh

To be honest, Judy Garland is a LEGEND and everything but she's not as popular worldwide as Britney. In Latin America most of the people wouldn't know who she was, contrary to Britney, who everyone knows. 

I do see a lot of similarity in Britney and Michael...  

If I’m not mistaken Judy was less a celebrity and more a (broke) nostalgia act for the majority of the second half of her career, right? She’s since been reappraised as a global icon larger than life, but she spent her final decades in ruins. I see no chance of Britney becoming the nearly homeless recluse Judy spent her final years as.

8 hours ago, Crazy4BRITNEY3.0 said:

So not only you’re hilariously deluded, but you’re also pathetic. Nice :)

Britney sold over 100 million albums and 100 million more singles. Which means, culturally speaking, more people have listened to Britney’s music then watched Marilyn’s movies. Marilyn was iconic, and her image has transcended multiple generations. Britney has been the most searched celebrity over the last 20 years. So they are comparable and it’s not delusional to think this. One can argue, the Free Britney movement has caused the next generation to know of her, thus causing her image and likeness to carry on into another generation. 

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Lisa88007 said:

Britney Spears was the most searched celebrity in the world on Google in 2021. This is her 11th time winning this honor: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2021.

She was the most searched female artist from 1999-2008 but in 2021, the most searched female artist was Billie Eilish, followed by Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Adele, JLO, Rihanna and then Britney.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block