Is Britney the modern day Judy Garland?

• Super Mods

I watched the movie Judy the other day and it really made me think about how similar Britney and Judy’s lives are. It’s an incredible movie if you ever get a chance to watch it and Rene did superb! I cried at the end! 

Both started working at a very young age. 
Both were forced to work against their will. 
Both were forced medication and treatments.
Both are global ICONS. 
Both are extremely talented. 
Both dealt with their teams fat shaming them. 
Both dealt with their issues in front of the public and media. 
Both had their children used against them. 
Both were treated horribly by the media and public. 
Both had their families betray and use them. 
Both are supportive of the LGBTQ+ community. 

Judy Garland died at the young age of just 47 years old and May she Rest In Peace forever.

She was such an incredible light and was very supportive of the LGBTQ+ community during a time when it wasn’t accepted. 

Thank God Britney was able to be saved 🤍

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Love 3
  • Like 5
  • Super Mods
Just now, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

Yes. Judy is one of her mothers along with Marilyn, Lynne, Madonna, Janet and Mariah. It’s no wonder our girl was such a polarizing figure. :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

I feel like Judy was practically put into a conservatorship herself (not so official) but was forced to do so much and was in so many contracts that she had to do in order to “see her kids” which didn’t even happen in the end :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears: I highly recommend the film! 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

I feel like Judy was practically put into a conservatorship herself (not so official) but was forced to do so much and was in so many contracts that she had to do in order to “see her kids” which didn’t even happen in the end :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears: I highly recommend the film! 

I love Judy. She was technically one of the first people I stanned since I adored the Wizard of Oz as a child. :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: Where can I watch the movie btw? :saywat-towelney:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block