Does "Un Verano Sin Ti" have a shot at a Album of The Year @ The Grammys ?

According to Billboard.com  the Puerto Rican superstars album "Un Verano Sin Ti" is the highest selling album of 2022 so far, making it the first ALL Spanish album to have found this amount of success. Un Verano Sin Ti has moved over 100,000 copies in a span of 8 different weeks since its release,  making it the best selling album since last years,  Adele "30". This is the first time that an all Spanish album has had this much success and has set up Bad Bunny as one of the biggest global superstars to have emerged recently.  With the majority of the Top 10 on the Billboard 200 chart occupied by "Un Verano Sin Ti" tracks upon its release, this album was destined for nothing short success. The success of "Un Verano Sin Ti" has been monumental and Billboard has stated that the impact of Latin music has been been a driving force for  music selling once again and being sought after like no other genre of music for quiet some time. 

As we await for other release from Beyoce, Lizzo and possibly Taylor Swift do we believe that  Bad Bunny's mega successful album holds it place a strong contender for and "Album of The Year" at the Grammys.  He has won "Album of The Year" at the Latin Grammys, but has yet to be nominated for the category at the American Grammys. With the likelihood of Harrys album' Harrys House and other contenders such as Roselia's "Motomami", do we believe the Puerto Rican superstar has a solid shot at receiving such a prestigious nomination for such an incredible, greatly reviewed and highly successful album ? As a fellow Puerto Rican I hope he at least gets the nomination for such this incredible album that pays homage to the beautiful Island of Enchantment that I call home. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Love 1

He’s charismatic, but he makes Latin music look basic and I don’t get how people swallow his songs with a not so pleasant voice. I can’t get through a single song let alone a full album. 
Rosalia’s voice is played in a way that turns unbearable (which is so sad because she actually is talented), and that album sounds like a broken video game console. 
I wish other Latin artists attain bigger levels of fame in this monopolized market. 

4 hours ago, Style. said:

Literally anyone can win a Grammy so it’s not a big deal :mariah-hurry:

He’s hot, but the music is basic. :mariah-hurry:
Does he rap or sing or everything in between? :mariah-hurry:

I mean I wouldn't say anyone can win a Grammy.  Definitely requires an amazing amount of talent. I sure do hope he can pull it off!

2 hours ago, Adriannn said:

He’s charismatic, but he makes Latin music look basic and I don’t get how people swallow his songs with a not so pleasant voice. I can’t get through a single song let alone a full album. 
Rosalia’s voice is played in a way that turns unbearable (which is so sad because she actually is talented), and that album sounds like a broken video game console. 
I wish other Latin artists attain bigger levels of fame in this monopolized market. 

I mean seeing an act like Bad Bunny reach this level of success is absolutely admirable whether his music is your vibe or not.

24 minutes ago, Jayjukebox said:

I mean seeing an act like Bad Bunny reach this level of success is absolutely admirable whether his music is your vibe or not.

Of course, he flooded the charts like no other Latin artist. I just hope more Latin artist start seeing more success as well. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block