Savage Garden announce they'll be uploading unreleased videos to their YouTube channel for their 25th anniversary

Savage Garden's official YouTube account have been uploading several videos for the past couple of weeks, including live performances and the Australian versions of some of their videos.

The Australian duo consisting of Darren Hayes and Daniel Jones, debuted in May 1996 with their single I Want You, but the album, Savage Garden, wouldn't come out until March 4 1997, selling more than 12 million copies worldwide and becoming #1 in Australia and New Zeland, #2 in the UK and #3 on the US Billboard 200.

They released Affirmation in 1999, and this would be their last album, since they ultimately disbanded in 2001.

Hayes continued with his career, releasing 4 solo albums until 2011. He then made a pause on his music career in favor of stand-up comedy, but in 2022 he came back with two new singles. Let's Try Being in Love was referred to as a queer anthem, with Darren explaining “I’ve been married to Richard Cullen for almost 17 years. I’m in this really comfortable place in my life. But at the same time at mid-life I’m grieving the fact I never got to celebrate who I really was at the period of my life where I was most famous. I look at this world we live in now where someone like Lil Nas X can push forward his true self, full of pride and self-love and have the chance to be loved for who he truly is. A lot of the time I was my most famous, I was deeply sad."

• Love 2

I love them!! They have such amazing songs. But even though I understand when Darren says he wasn't able to be openly gay, because he obviously wasn't, you CANNOT make this kind of music and videos and sing and sound like that if you weren't gay... Meaning Savage Garden is incredibly unique because it's incredibly queer. I wish gays would stop wanting to be absolutely flamboyant to be able to express themselves fully. Isn't Savage Garden beautifully gay as it is?? I think so.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block