What’s with the hold it against me MV?

Okay so I can’t find any other thread this would fit in so I made a whole separate one :zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink:

https://youtu.be/-Edv8Onsrgg

I love the HIAM MV because of very creative symbolism :clownery_makeup_meme: But I’m confused about some things

Why and how does Britney do that face at 2:44?spacer.png

And why is there so much product placement? I’m wondering if it symbolizes anything because I know that in Lady Gaga and Beyoncé’s Telephone MV the product placement is used for symbolism 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I think this use if CGI with the smile and face distortions throughout the whole video is kind of a dig to how the media distorts everything she does and says and idk maybe the smile itself is supposed to be what triggers her to fight back and come back stronger, since after that she fights with herself and both Brinnys survive.

The product placements i think just mean BUDGET lol

• Love 3
  • Like 1

You see her debut single land like a falling star, it spreads through the streets as she becomes instantly famous. Later she tried to leave industry but is trapped inside her old videos so she tries to ruin them by spraying them with paint (2007). She fights with herself, against her pop image. At the ends she resigns herself to fate (the CON) and keeps dancing on stage. I do think that video is really deep, good job Kahn Akerlund (thanks Doug) and Britney 

Edited by thebritmaster
edited for the correct director
  • Love 5
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, honeycutie said:

Okay so I can’t find any other thread this would fit in so I made a whole separate one :zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink:

https://youtu.be/-Edv8Onsrgg

I love the HIAM MV because of very creative symbolism :clownery_makeup_meme: But I’m confused about some things

Why and how does Britney do that face at 2:44?spacer.png

And why is there so much product placement? I’m wondering if it symbolizes anything because I know that in Lady Gaga and Beyoncé’s Telephone MV the product placement is used for symbolism 

? It's not real, they edited her smile. to me it's a message like: Fake it till you make it. 

The video itself is very dark, so it's her rise and fall. 

• Love 1

1) the point of the music video is literally the making of a music video. The behind the scenes look, product placement is part of fame, music videos in general so it makes sense in this particular MV ..especially her own fragrance 

2) the enchanced fake smile is there to represent crazyiness..calmness before the storm...if you find it cringey then the director has done their job..  its not the only time she has an 'erratic' face in the music videos during the breakdown theres another shot but its literally a 10th of a second..i think its 'lucky' but the eyes look really mad... its clearly the point of the video

If you look closely, you'll notice that is actually Robin Greenhill in that shot.  That is why she looks so horrifying!  The director knew what he was doing when he filmed this music video.  I had to sleep with the lights on for weeks after seeing this.  Kudos to the director!

• Love 2
  • Haha 3

I actually found the HIAM music video style sooooo good. Some say there were too many short clips used but I found it all flowed so nicely. It’s modern and trendy and I loved all of the colours in it. She looks gorgeous and I believe she had a lot of creative control with that video :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

Also that smile always scared me :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Duff Man said:

its not the only time she has an 'erratic' face in the music videos during the breakdown theres another shot but its literally a 10th of a second..i think its 'lucky' but the eyes look really mad... its clearly the point of the video

What are you talking about?

Do you have a screenshot?

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block