What song is more iconic? Baby One More Time or Toxic

I think BOMT wins by a thin hair. This is probably a generational thing. People above their 30s and a little below got to witness both songs' slayage. Younger folks might have had more access to Toxic. Both are still played on the radio and in music video channels whenever there's music there.

On another note... WTF is wrong with the ones questioning Toxic's quality? :wtf_britney_what_confused_um:

It's ok if you don't like it, I guess (who am I kidding, it's not ok), or if you don't listen to it anymore. But saying it's not good?

One thing is taste (a bad one, evidently) and another one is not being able to recognize quality. Think about this: many people don't like vegetables... does that mean they are bad? NO, RIGHT? Wow I'm loving my analogy.

Now, please seek help. :shocked_what_xfactor_britney_pink_surprised_wow:

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

I think BOMT wins by a thin hair. This is probably a generational thing. People above their 30s and a little below got to witness both songs' slayage. Younger folks might have had more access to Toxic. Both are still played on the radio and in music video channels whenever there's music there.

On another note... WTF is wrong with the ones questioning Toxic's quality? :wtf_britney_what_confused_um:

It's ok if you don't like it, I guess (who am I kidding, it's not ok), or if you don't listen to it anymore. But saying it's not good?

One thing is taste (a bad one, evidently) and another one is not being able to recognize quality. Think about this: many people don't like vegetables... does that mean they are bad? NO, RIGHT? Wow I'm loving my analogy.

Now, please seek help. :shocked_what_xfactor_britney_pink_surprised_wow:

Toxic might be a masterpiece to you but to me it’s overrated. It’s also not a big deal if someone isn’t a fan of this song.

Now don’t forget to eat your vegetables :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, BritneyLVR said:

Toxic might be a masterpiece to you but to me it’s overrated. It’s also not a big deal if someone isn’t a fan of this song.

Now don’t forget to eat your vegetables :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

Today I made my chicken with a delicious salad: chard, bell pepper, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini, cilantro, mushrooms, and just a little garlic. :forkit_britney_ice_cream_ellen_glory_eating_yum_spoon_food:

Stream Toxic for clear skin. 

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, BritneyLVR said:

Toxic might be a masterpiece to you but to me it’s overrated. It’s also not a big deal if someone isn’t a fan of this song

But many people think Baby One More Time is overrated and its impact is overrated as well.

I think Baby One More Time was the song that solidified Bubblegum Teen pop (which was already resurgent with spice girls, backstreet, and nsync before) as the dominant genre in music...for two years.

I don't agree that it "changed music forever" though because hip hop was also becoming very dominant around 2000 as well.

And Toxic was released and massive during a wave of hip hop and r&b hits, which is just as noteworthy.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
8 hours ago, BritneyLVR said:

I’d have to say Baby One More Time. I feel like those are the most played on the radio and what the general public knows her by. Am I the only one that isn’t a fan of Toxic? :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised:

No im not really a fan of Toxic either.

She has much better songs imo.

Anyways

BOMT is more iconic cause of not only the school girl look but the video, the charisma and wow factor that Britney

had in the video. I mean honestly who doesnt know this song? Even my younger cousins know it.

That piano riff in the beginning is ICONIC :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

• Haha 1

BOMT is more iconic and the song everyone thinks of when it comes to Britney. It also helps its her successful debut. And the school outfit is one of the most famous looks.

Toxic is probably more liked as a song though. I mean BOMT is liked. But perhaps also for nostalgic feels whereas people generally like Toxic I think.  

But along with Oops, Britney definitely has 3 iconic songs that won’t be forgotten soon. 

7 hours ago, zxcvb said:

But many people think Baby One More Time is overrated and its impact is overrated as well.

I think Baby One More Time was the song that solidified Bubblegum Teen pop (which was already resurgent with spice girls, backstreet, and nsync before) as the dominant genre in music...for two years.

I don't agree that it "changed music forever" though because hip hop was also becoming very dominant around 2000 as well.

And Toxic was released and massive during a wave of hip hop and r&b hits, which is just as noteworthy.

All valid points! 

16 hours ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

It’s arguably her best song and a part of her magnum opus —  in terms of quality and production value. Like imagine thinking Toxic isn’t good when it’s literally loved and respected by literally everyone. It’s a brilliant modern-day masterpiece, a decade-defining hit and the greatest uptempo pop song of the 21st century. Stay delusional.

I came here to say the same. Toxic is arguably her Magnum Opus.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BoyDeChanel said:

Toxic in Europe, Asia and Australia

...Baby One More Time in the Americas

:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Well in Latin America Toxic was HUGE. I remember saying does that song ever stop playing on the radio? I was SICK of it at one point.

In addition, all of my family members, friends and acquaintances have express that they like it at some point.

It’s THE Britney Spears song.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Jaime Jean said:

I feel like Toxic is a song that the “non” Britney fans like most…I remember back in high school when ITZ came out and a lot of the general public/classmates moved on from Britney, Toxic was still popular among that crowd.

It still is! I was talking to one of my non fan friends and he was like “if she does come back to music, she better be on the level of Toxic, or else she can keep it!” 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block