What song is more iconic? Baby One More Time or Toxic

Toxic is a masterpiece is terms of production/ seductive vocals and the video as well as costumes. Toxic will never be forgotten and will be known as one of the greatest pop songs ever! That being said baby one more time has a haunting chorus which I love the most about the song, idk what registers the most with people becuase to me gimme more is more known among young people here at least. The evolution from baby to Toxic was surreal to witness in real time man, others still aren't able to do this. 

• Love 7
  • Like 2

Toxic is her most popular song. But I believe BOMT is overall the more iconic one because it entered the zeitgeist with more impact - not only as her debut, but also especially due to the schoolgirl outfit in the music video.

With one song, Britney instantly became a household name and heralded THE new sound of pop music to represent the millennium. And while the Toxic strings riff is probably just as identifiable…as somebody already said, those three piano notes opening BOMT are truly shudder-inducing in their specific simplicity. That’s iconic. 

• Love 6
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, BritneyLVR said:

Toxic may be ICONIC but is it a GOOD song? :sneer_purple_hat_smile_smirk_there_tree_:

It’s arguably her best song and a part of her magnum opus —  in terms of quality and production value. Like imagine thinking Toxic isn’t good when it’s literally loved and respected by literally everyone. It’s a brilliant modern-day masterpiece, a decade-defining hit and the greatest uptempo pop song of the 21st century. Stay delusional.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block