Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande snubbed at the 94th Academy Awards

On 2/6/2022 at 10:47 AM, Rik said:

Sophia took on another film for Kirsten wirh Marie Antoinette, a period film looking at the life of royalty from her teenage lens. This film is from 2006… and again garnered lots of Oscar buzz and critical praise. The concept was and is so original. 

I love love love this movie :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white: it has everything to be an Oscar nominee, so sad it didn't happen.

To me that scene when she walks through the palace and everyone is talking about her not having a baby yet and ending in a secret room crying is amazing :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

• Love 2

Snub, idk, because I didn't watch any movie contender :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: they always nominate the same kind of movies :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white: the boring ones :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

But when I saw Jennifer Hudson playing Aretha, I was kinda sure this would be her 2nd nomination and first as a lead, but that role ended in nothing :fakewow_selena_surprised_shocked: like zero buzz

Then, when Kristen Stweart wasn't nominated at the SAGs and then at the BAFTAs I thought she was out from the Oscars, so surpise! :wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas:

I have only seen clips from Gaga's performance :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses: and it's looks like a parody :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

23 hours ago, Invitation said:

Kristen wasn't trying as hard, but I think Neon tried a lot harder after she was snubbed in SAG. I'm so glad she got nominated.

True. That's the thing with the academy, they like to be buttered up but it's also possible to be too heavy handed - I think this was Gaga's downfall in this case. Since it was such an over-the-top role I think she could have afforded to play it cool with her oscar ambitions. But alas, heavy handedness seems to have gotten the best of her again. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block