Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande snubbed at the 94th Academy Awards

• Content Curators

The 94th Academy Awards Nominations are announced. Here is the full list of nominees:

Supporting actress
Jesse Buckley (“The Lost Daughter”)
Ariana DeBose (“West Side Story”)
Judi Dench (“Belfast”)
Kirsten Dunst (“The Power of the Dog”)
Aunjanue Ellis (“King Richard”)

Costume design
“Cruella”
“Cyrano”
“Dune”
“Nightmare Alley”
“West Side Story”

Sound
“Belfast”
“Dune”
“No Time to Die”
“The Power of the Dog”
“West Side Story”

Music (original score)
“Don’t Look Up”
“Dune”
“Encanto”
“Parallel Mothers”
“The Power of the Dog”

Adapted screenplay
“CODA”
“Drive My Car”
“Dune”
“The Lost Daughter”
“The Power of the Dog”

Original screenplay
“Belfast”
“Don’t Look Up”
“King Richard”
“Licorice Pizza”
“The Worst Person in the World”

Short film (animated)
“Affairs of the Art”
“Bestia”
“Boxballet”
“Robin Robin”
“The Windshield Wiper”

Short film (live action)
“Ala Kachuu - Take and Run”
“The Dress”
“The Long Goodbye”
“On My Mind”
“Please Hold”

Supporting actor
Ciarán Hinds (“Belfast”)
Troy Kotsur (“CODA”)
Jesse Plemons (“The Power of the Dog”)
J.K. Simmons (“Being the Ricardos”)
Kodi Smit-McPhee (“The Power of the Dog”)

Editing
“Don’t Look Up”
“Dune”
“King Richard”
“The Power of the Dog”
“Tick, Tick ... Boom!”

Makeup and hairstyling
“Coming 2 America”
“Cruella”
“Dune”
“The Eyes of Tammy Faye”
“House of Gucci”

Animated feature
“Encanto”
“Flee”
“Luca”
“The Mitchells vs. the Machines”
“Raya and the Last Dragon”

Music (original song)
“Be Alive” from “King Richard”
“Dos Oruguitas” from “Encanto”
“Down To Joy” from “Belfast”
“No Time To Die” from “No Time to Die”
“Somehow You Do” from “Four Good Days”

Documentary feature
“Ascension”
“Attica”
“Flee”
“Summer of Soul”
“Writing With Fire”

Documentary short subject
“Audible”
“Lead Me Home”
“The Queen of Basketball”
“Three Songs for Be****r”
“When We Were Bullies”

Visual effects
“Dune”
“Free Guy”
“No Time to Die”
“Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings”
“Spider-Man: No Way Home”

Cinematography
“Dune”
“Nightmare Alley”
“The Power of the Dog”
“The Tragedy of Macbeth”
“West Side Story”

Production design
“Dune”
“Nightmare Alley”
“The Power of the Dog”
“The Tragedy of Macbeth”
“West Side Story”

International feature
Japan, “Drive My Car”
Denmark, “Flee”
Italy, “The Hand of God”
Bhutan, “Lunana: A Yak in the Classroom”
Norway, “The Worst Person in the World”

Lead actor
Javier Bardem (“Being the Ricardos”)
Benedict Cumberbatch (“The Power of the Dog”)
Andrew Garfield (“Tick, Tick … Boom!”)
Will Smith (“King Richard”)
Denzel Washington (“The Tragedy of Macbeth”)

Lead actress
Jessica Chastain (“The Eyes of Tammy Faye”)
Olivia Colman (“The Lost Daughter”)
Penélope Cruz (“Parallel Mothers”)
Nicole Kidman (“Being the Ricardos”)
Kristen Stewart (“Spencer”)

Best director
Paul Thomas Anderson (“Licorice Pizza”)
Kenneth Branagh (“Belfast”)
Jane Campion (“The Power of the Dog”)
Ryûsuke Hamaguchi (“Drive My Car”)
Steven Spielberg (“West Side Story”)

Best picture
“Belfast”
“CODA”
“Don’t Look Up”
“Drive My Car”
“Dune”
“King Richard”
“Licorice Pizza”
“Nightmare Alley”
“The Power of the Dog”
“West Side Story”

Which nominees or snubs shocked you the most?

Before the announcement, Lady Gaga was the only contender in Best Lead Actress to score a nomination in every pre-cursor. She was the one and only frontrunner after the BAFTA nominations. That was definitely the biggest snub of the day for me.

With the nominations of every precursor revealed, the Oscar Nominations are going to be announced in 4 days.

The Oscar contenders this year include some of the biggest pop stars, such as Lady Gaga, Billie Eilish, Alana Haim, Ariana Grande and Beyoncé. Here is what I predict for the main categories.

Best Picture

1. The Power of the Dog

FE-dms_VIAUKT30?format=jpg&name=large

2. Belfast 

257131994_302437358417996_28647555327654660_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=dd9801&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=xrV1RnPo4hEAX9tLog7&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-2.xx&oh=00_AT8m49PyIMwVk1d__vGb2cFVNLZ1YDNBN8e0IG55DNhwHA&oe=62022AD5

3. Licorice Pizza 

header.jpg

4. Dune

FKs-vsEUcAERtRW?format=jpg&name=medium

5. Don't Look Up

FKrkPmoUYAYG52-?format=jpg&name=medium

6. West Side Story

88a248eb2cbe1582281d6f8ef8541989_3072x1728_98c5cdbe.png?region=0,0,3072,1728

7. King Richard

273205507_4995071707225807_6269682465032634637_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=8t-aGyd76loAX_5u-8k&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=00_AT_8vI_WG0acqs3HpyyW1B3tNJTGS0WVQiKoRBSEehcYIg&oe=62019AE5

8. CODA

FKMrL45UcAEhtjB?format=jpg&name=large

9. Tick, Tick... Boom!

FFjiDzEXoAErO1I.jpg

10. Drive My Car

drivemycar_poster_sq.png

Potential Spoilers: The Tragedy of Macbeth, Nightmare Alley, and Being the Ricardos

Best Actor

1. Will Smith (King Richard)

2. Benedict Cumberbatch (The Power of the Dog)

3. Andrew Garfield (tick, tick... Boom!)

4. Denzel Washington (The Tragedy of Macbeth)

5. Leonardo DiCaprio (Don't Look Up)

Potential Spoiler: Javier Bardem (Being the Ricardos)

FI7IDDUUYAY1Mr5?format=jpg&name=medium

Best Actress

1. Lady Gaga (House of Gucci)

2. Olivia Colman (The Lost Daughter)

3. Nicole Kidman (Being the Ricardos)

4. Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

5. Jessica Chastain (The Eyes of Tammy Faye)

Potential Spoiler: Kristen Stewart (Spencer), Renate Reinsve (The Worst Person in the World), Jennifer Hudson (Respect), Penelope Cruz (Parallel Mothers)

FKT99WYXoAITYQc.png

Best Supporting Actor

1. Kodi Smit-McPhee (The Power of the Dog)

2. Troy Kotsur (CODA)

3. Ciarán Hinds (Belfast)

4. Jesse Plemons (The Power of the Dog)

5. Bradley Cooper (Licorice Pizza)

Potential Spoilers: Jamie Dornan (Belfast), Jared Leto (House of Gucci), Ben Affleck (The Tender Bar), Mike Faist (West Side Story)

FFsu69dUYAUfrai.jpg

Best Supporting Actress

1. Ariana DeBose (West Side Story)

2. Caitriona Balfe (Belfast)

3. Ruth Negga (Passing)

4. Kirsten Dunst (The Power of the Dog)

5. Aunjanue Ellis (King Richard)

FKhQOgdXwAA-LC1?format=jpg&name=medium

Best Original Song

1. No Time to Die - Billie Eilish (No Time to Die)

2. Be Alive - Beyoncé (King Richard)

3. Dos Oruguitas - Sebastián Yatra (Encanto)

4. Here I Am (Singing My Way Home) - Jennifer Hudson (Respect)

5. Just Look Up - Ariana Grande & Kid Cudi (Don't Look Up)

Billie_Eilish_-_No_Time_to_Die.png

Do you agree with my predictions? What would you have predicted differently?

Edited by Invitation
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, LaLisaManoban said:

Just Look Up for original song on the Oscars?! That's not gonna happen... I would be VERY suprised if that happens.

Ariana fans will have a meltdown if it doesn't get nominated even though it seems like a long shot for the song to be considered. I like Ariana, the song is okay, but some of her fans are deluded. 

Rooting for House of Gucci. I still haven't seen the film dd but I've heard so many good things about it, and Gaga has already got nommed at the BAFTAs.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

Love Kirsten Dunst. spacer.png I can’t believe she’s younger than Britney. :ahhh_britney_scream_glory_excited_yay_pumped: I always thought she was older. :OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes: 
What movie(s) was she in this year though? :ohwut_gaga_sunglasses_shocked_surprised_what_huh:

Also not Britney coming for ha weave at the MTV Movie Awards in 2001. :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white:

@Rik :searching_looking:

HDJDKDJD I REMEMBER WATCHING THE SHOW at the start of the pandemic and I died at this :dead_falling_wig_dying:

she is likely going to be nominated for her first time ever in Power of the Dog. She plays a newly wed who progressively becomes an alcoholic as her brother in law continues to torment her and her teenage son that she has brought into the family. It’s a bit slower but her performance really picks up. Her husband is also in it

Netflix submitted her name for best supporting actress to the academy to consider for potential nominees 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Rik said:

I’d love if Kirsten Dunst in particular got her Oscar this year. She’s never been nominated despite all her excellent work with Sophia and even Lars. I adore her, she’s one of those rare talents that conveys emotion with just her eyes: think about how many dark and peculiar roles she’s had throughout her career, most of which garnered very great critical praise like Melancholia, Marie-Antoinette, the Virgin Suicides and more. Even with that she was able to gain a teen audience too, with her roles in Spider-Man and and Bring it On. She’s iconic and it’s time she got her flowers. 

From starring with Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt at 12 years old, outperforming all of them in Interview with the Vampire (1994) 

Jumanji with Robin Williams in 1995 

the Virgin Suicides was arguably one of her best roles ever, in 1999 the director really took a chance on her and because she is a woman, Kirsten really felt appreciated and respected on set. it’s much darker. 

Bring it on, a revolutionary film which is actually a commentary on Anti Black racism at the backdrop while dressed as a teen cheerleader film. This summer 2000 film was a commercial success and now a cult classic/staple. 

Spiderman 1 and 2 were game changers for Sony, marvel and comic book/superhero adaptions in film. Prior to this, it wasn’t popular or cool to watch superhero movies and it really revived something and created a blueprint for other marvel films to model after and improve upon in later years. The 2nd Gil. in particular is regarded as the best Spider-Man film to be made ever for its cinematography and effects, In Addition to its solid script and acting. 

her work in crazy beautiful was so so effective and heart breaking

a supporting role in 2004’s Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind with Jim Carey and Kate Winslet was absolute poetry, both visually and script wise. It was like a lucid acid dream and Kirsten delivers. 

Sophia took on another film for Kirsten wirh Marie Antoinette, a period film looking at the life of royalty from her teenage lens. This film is from 2006… and again garnered lots of Oscar buzz and critical praise. The concept was and is so original. 

melancholia is an insane 2011 film about the end of the world, as a physical metaphor for depression. This film was produced and written by Lars Von Trier. It won her golden globe buzz and many argued she was snubbed from the Oscars. Legitimately her best role in my opinion 

Her work in 2016’s season 2 of Fargo also won her Emmy and golden globe nominations. She truly was the highlight. And star of this season. Critical praise everywhere for this? Almost as much as melancholia 

She was absolutely breathtaking for her performance in power of the dog this year. She needs her flowers don’t you agree @GODNA IS A QUEEN

Agreed that Kirsten is an amazing actress but this is Ariana DeBose's year for Supporting Actress, her performance in West Side Story really deserves the Oscar. Kirsten will get nominated again in the future for sure

• Love 2
1 minute ago, BlackoutITZ said:

Agreed that Kirsten is an amazing actress but this is Ariana DeBose's year for Supporting Actress, her performance in West Side Story really deserves the Oscar. Kirsten will get nominated again in the future for sure

You know what, I agree with you actually. Ariana is incredibly talented 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, maki93 said:

Im disappointed that Encanto didnt choose We Dont Talk Abour Bruno instead of Dos Oruguitas .

I'm also disappointed that Camilla's Million to One was not a contender, it is better than all those songs combined. I think Dream Girls by Idina Menzel was shortlisted instead. 

Yeah Dram Girls was shortlisted which kind of shocked me. 
I seriously thought MTO was a contender especially as Camila was on the hollywood reporter round table discussing the song, which led me to believe it was a strong contender.

Im very biased when it comes to Camila, but that aside I’m disappointed to see it wasn’t even shortlisted.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block