Opinion: Chromatica was LG’s “Femme Fatale” (without the hits)

Let me preface this by saying I am not trying to be shady.

I was driving to work this morning and the radio station played Poker Face. The host then said “what happened to Lady Gaga’s pop career?” And it got me thinking the same thing.

Im a Britney stan and she will always be my #1, BUT, in my opinion, the label put a huge budget behind FF because they thought that was the last time she would rule the charts. Let me explain (I don’t agree with it), unfortunately in pop music, these artists have a shelf life for relevancy. I remember Pink said something along the lines of radio won’t play anyone over 35.

So, with that being said, I feel like the label put everything into FF for that reason, and it paid off because the album was a success. I feel like LG’s label attempted to do that with Chromatica, but let’s be real, aside from 🌧 on me, the album was a flop. The third single didn’t even CHART! And I personally believe the only reason rain on me was a hit was because of Ari (but that’s an entirely different issue). So, where does LG go from here? I truly don’t think she’ll have another successful pop album, and maybe that’s why she’s focused on other things.

And once again this is not shade, I enjoyed 🌧 on me, and I was an LG stan up until BTW. 

• Love 3

Your title tho :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red: no hits? Really? A #1 and a Top 5 are considered no hits? :notfeelinit_ny_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_meme_sunglasses_bed_mad_waiting_crossed_hands:

If you look back, FF was really the LAST time GP "cared" for Britney, HIAM sold a lot and debuted at #1 and the album sold good too, but unlike Gaga, Britney was 13 years into her career, so was doing pretty amazing tbh :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

Now Gaga, she fell rapidly from the top tbh :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams: from her position in ARTPOP, THAT'S a fall gurl :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

For Chromatica she did fine for today's scene, because it created a buzz, and I don't think she CARES for music as she is into acting. From what I see releasing music is a tool for promo.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, stanLOONA said:

Your title tho :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red: no hits? Really? A #1 and a Top 5 are considered no hits? :notfeelinit_ny_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_meme_sunglasses_bed_mad_waiting_crossed_hands:

If you look back, FF was really the LAST time GP "cared" for Britney, HIAM sold a lot and debuted at #1 and the album sold good too, but unlike Gaga, Britney was 13 years into her career, so was doing pretty amazing tbh :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

Now Gaga, she fell rapidly from the top tbh :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams: from her position in ARTPOP, THAT'S a fall gurl :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

For Chromatica she did fine for today's scene, because it created a buzz, and I don't think she CARES for music as she is into acting. From what I see releasing music is a tool for promo.

My thing is if the pop music was selling, she wouldn’t even be considering acting in my opinion. I think she’s doing that to try to find success in other areas since music success is dwindling.

And yes, I think Chromatica was a terrible album. Stupid love sucked, and the entire album sounded dated, and the songs ran together. But I loved rain on me. But how do you go from a #1 hit to your follow up single not even chatting. Like…I can only attribute that to nobody cares about LG anymore, and Ariana is what saved the album. 

Id love nothing more than for another fame or fame monster, but will we ever get it?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gapeach704 said:

My thing is if the pop music was selling, she wouldn’t even be considering acting in my opinion. I think she’s doing that to try to find success in other areas since music success is dwindling.

And yes, I think Chromatica was a terrible album. Stupid love sucked, and the entire album sounded dated, and the songs ran together. But I loved rain on me. But how do you go from a #1 hit to your follow up single not even chatting. Like…I can only attribute that to nobody cares about LG anymore, and Ariana is what saved the album. 

Id love nothing more than for another fame or fame monster, but will we ever get it?

Still, it has 2 hits :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

I actually liked Chromatica, (did I listen to the album again? no) but it was the first album since The Fame/The Fame Monster that I liked from track 1 to the last one.

I don't we are getting another The Fame, sadly :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block