Is Britney the new MICHAEL JACKSON?

I was thinking the same. Today I just watched Oprah’s interview with MJ.  It was his first televised interview in 14 years. Almost as long as Britney was in the conservatorship.  Although I do think there are huge differences between the 2, they are in a very close category 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Like **** clark said Michael mania was old and young, every Music genre. 

To sell 40 Million albums you have to hit every Music lover. 

And 34 million in the US as well. 

So even Britney didn't achieve that. 

And Michael had 3 albums that hit over 30 million 1982's Thriller with over 60 million today, 1987's BAD with over 45 to 50 million according to most publications and 1991's Dangerous with 32 million making it the best selling new Jack swing and hip hop album globally. 

With 20 million (40 million if you count each disc twice cos its double cd album), 1995's History was also a global best seller. 

His lowest seller is still in 2001 with invincible, but as many point out 2001 in that time frame was a bad year for Music 9/11 happened and lots of other stuff including the industry changed. 

But 13 Million for an artist like Michael Jackson was respectable m 

• Love 4

No, Britney is better and comes off more relatable. Sorry but MJ — while talented — was mad weird, deeply disturbed and would spend a lot of his time with younger boys as a form of escapism. He presented far more odd behavior than Britney ever did. Sure, his sales were phenomenal but it was also a sign of the times. Britney on the other hand — had an incomparable debut. She became an international s** symbol and was every man’s fantasy during her prime. She was hounded and photographed just as much, if not more. MJ was also never really regarded as ‘s€xy’ or seen as ‘attractive’ even though he attempted. For Britney, it was a massive part of her appeal and came naturally. And once MJ’s obsession with plastic surgery, followed by the accusations — came into full effect, he began to portray this ‘activism’ role to divert as much negative attention away from the rumors surrounding his personal life to mask what was going on behind closed doors.

I don’t not like MJ but like I said before — Britney was actually relatable and stayed in her lane despite being portrayed by the media as ‘crazy’ when she was actually showing a very normal human response to an abnormal situation. MJ on the other hand raised far more odd and questionable behavior throughout his career — a lot of it involving others. I can’t believe it took until the 2010s for people to come to their senses. Not to mention, Britney became an object of obsession without even having to lift a finger. Doing something so minuscule as walking barefoot into a gas station became national news. MJ, on the other hand, portrayed this ‘larger than life’ persona which I always found to be so redundant and quite frankly — annoying.

• Love 3
  • Haha 2
  • Like 2
22 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

No, Britney is better and comes off more relatable. Sorry but MJ — while talented — was mad weird and would spend a lot of his time with younger boys as a form of escapism. He presented far more odd behavior than Britney ever did. Sure, his sales were phenomenal but it was also a sign of the times. Britney on the other hand — had an incomparable debut. She became an international s** symbol and was every man’s fantasy during her prime. MJ was never really regarded as ‘s€xy’ and once the excessive plastic surgery came into effect, he began to make ‘activist’ music to divert the attention away as much as he could from the rumors surrounding his personal life. I don’t not like MJ but like I said before — Britney was actually relatable and was portrayed by the media as an object of obsession. 

He didn't make activist music to divert attention from the rumors, wtf lol. I can write a whole comment as a reaction to your message but in short: it seems you don't know much about Michael Jackson at all. And you might see Britney a bit with love goggles on.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, WilderWein said:

He didn't make activist music to divert attention from the rumors, wtf lol. I can write a whole comment as a reaction to your message but in short: it seems you don't know much about Michael Jackson at all. And you might see Britney a bit with love goggles on.

If people actually knew Wade was actually unpopular..

If we went by the events of 2009. He was there for MJ. 

But when he asked to be for both immortal and one and was denied. His story changed fast..

You don't hear macaulay culkin actually speaking out the way others. I still remember Chandler's father in a leaked convo admitted it was a lie, he could sold cos he was jealous his son preferred Michael over his father. 

Money talks about that case..

We all would do anything for money  

I'd die for you, lie for you. I would sell my soul to the devil..

• Haha 2
  • Like 1

Deluded MJtards, give it up already. MJ, as a grown *** man, was inviting underage boys inside his estate and even had an amusement park built inside of it. That ALONE is suspicious and raises a lot of red flags. Yes, the parents should have intervened more but let’s not forget that MJ was also very manipulative and a person of power. He used that as a form of escapism. Do I feel sorry for MJ? Absolutely, but let’s not act like he was some sort of saint. 

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2

Even if he didn’t abuse those kids, Michael Jackson was a deeply disturbed individual. And he did settle out of court because he did have those kids over at his house unsupervised.

Nothing about any of that was even remotely normal. I understand that there’s no hard evidence against him, but overlooking all of the disturbing aspects of him and going out your way to then compare him to Britney is really reaching.

Dangling a baby out of a hotel room window, the pet monkey, the childlike behavior. It doesn’t matter that his family drove him to these things, he was deeply deranged.

Britney is much more coherent and sane. These comparisons are nonsensical.

• Haha 2
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, WilderWein said:

MJ was a deeply disturbed man, let's not go further as the man is no more with us. Even if he didn't ****** young kids then also MJ was not fit for a lot of reasons. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, FreeBritneyForever said:

Even if he didn’t abuse those kids, Michael Jackson was a deeply disturbed individual. And he did settle out of court because he did have those kids over at his house unsupervised.

Nothing about any of that was even remotely normal. I understand that there’s no hard evidence against him, but overlooking all of the disturbing aspects of him and going out your way to then compare him to Britney is really reaching.

Dangling a baby out of a hotel room window, the pet monkey, the childlike behavior. It doesn’t matter that his family drove him to these things, he was deeply deranged.

Britney is much more coherent and sane. These comparisons are nonsensical.

Great post. You nailed what I wanted to say and more. Michael was extremely disturbed and I’m tired of his deluded fanbase justifying any and all of his actions. Even when he was diagnosed with vitiligo, he hid behind his diagnosis and the general public began to think he was bleaching his skin because he hated being black. Even then, all the plastic surgery and permanent make-up he had done is more evidence that he was deeply disturbed by how he looked. By the end of the day, I can’t help but sympathize for him but like I said, fans need to stop pretending he was some sort of saint. He raised more than enough questionable behavior.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Yes and no. 

While both was hounded by the press 

All it takes is ti watch any documentary authorized by the estate.

Britney could go places in her prime even if the press was there. 

Michael on the other hand and @Prachi can verify couldn't. 

You see actual photographic evidence of fans blocking his cars from going anywhere, even Sheryl crow was surprised because that glimpse she got while on tour as a background vocalist for the Bad tour actually scared her cos even her limo had difficulties getting to the venues cos the fans thought he was in the limos. 

It got to the point he had to be flown in to the venues and only stayed in the hotel room just to be sane 

When he said Madonna or nobody else will ever achieve what level he had, he wasn't lying. And the fact it was a black man that had what very few all white acts did. The industry hated him for achieving what only elvis Presley and the Beatles had. 

The press was bad for Britney, but it didn't go to what Michael had, an insane fandom that followed his every move and whereabouts in the 80s, without Google or the internet. 

Britney was bigger and better than Michael. Not to mention — more cute, charming, attractive, relatable, talented and funny — and to think MJ had the audacity to ‘shade’ her during her prime while secretly being obsessed with her behind closed doors.

Also, waiting for you to show us the ‘photographic evidence’ because last time I checked, Britney was just as, if not, more hounded by fans/press to the point where she also couldn’t go anywhere. Same went for NKOTB, BSB and NSYNC during their hey-day. However, unlike Britney — they all fizzled.

Now stay pressed. :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block