Why Isn't "Crossroads" Available for Streaming Services?

If you wanna go back. 

In 1988 during the height of Hus fame Michael Jackson announced a big screen film based off of his music since this would have been the biggest promotional tool to increase sales..

Warner bros announced the film Michael Jackson 'a moonwalker. 

A film for the fans of Michael Jackson, and how his fans see him..

The Music, the magic, the myth that only one person can bring to the big screen. Michael Jackson 

The US had it locked.  

But it was too expensive and it was to bomb, it would have been massive..

So cbs records made a deal with Warner to distribute the film on home video

Let's just say Warner was pissed. 

The vhs sold 800,000 copies going 8X platinum as a video album 

And at 29.98 per vhs, it made the budget of 15 Million and then more..

@Prachi you probably heard that how Warner was shocked that it was indeed a success and were kicking themselves by second guessing that a big project with the biggest artist of that decade actually was a success in the us. 

Here's the preview you can rent or purchase Michael Jackson's moonwalker exclusively in the us via prime video.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

If you wanna go back. 

In 1988 during the height of Hus fame Michael Jackson announced a big screen film based off of his music since this would have been the biggest promotional tool to increase sales..

Warner bros announced the film Michael Jackson 'a moonwalker. 

A film for the fans of Michael Jackson, and how his fans see him..

The Music, the magic, the myth that only one person can bring to the big screen. Michael Jackson 

The US had it locked.  

But it was too expensive and it was to bomb, it would have been massive..

So cbs records made a deal with Warner to distribute the film on home video

Let's just say Warner was pissed. 

The vhs sold 800,000 copies going 8X platinum as a video album 

And at 29.98 per vhs, it made the budget of 15 Million and then more..

@Prachi you probably heard that how Warner was shocked that it was indeed a success and were kicking themselves by second guessing that a big project with the biggest artist of that decade actually was a success in the us. 

Here's the preview you can rent or purchase Michael Jackson's moonwalker exclusively in the us via prime video.

@Spicechinodivacoming thru with the facts! :prettyney_britney_iggy_girls_bbma_2015_hair_flip_bounce:

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Jaime Hodson said:

I found a copy in a dollar dvd bin years ago. I’m pretty sure everyone involved with that movie wishes they weren’t. It wasn’t a movie, it was a promo for Britney’s album. 

Rosanna Arquette said I didn't sign for a Rock and roll movie, due to the casting of Madonna..

That film turned out to Be desperately seeking Susan, Madonna's most successful film outside Evita, only because Susan and Madonna were the same person..

Rosanna looks back and she even admits that's my most successful film and nobody talks about me, but I can't be mad, it's a time stamp of what New York city was like, and the Madonna mania as well. 

• Like 2
On 1/3/2022 at 1:23 PM, JayTawndreLovesYou said:

happy britney spears GIF

This movie is literally a part of my childhood. I love this movie and have been wanting to binge watch it lately for nostalgic purposes. 

This movie is so underrated. Britney and her acting skills are so underrated. This movie needs to be on Paramount+ as they were the motion picture who released it in the first place!! :hillary_clinton_mad_rant_yelling_telling_arguing_fighting:

Where is Crossroads? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Britney fans, we need to petition to have Crossroads on streaming services! :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

britney spears GIF

Are you a Crossroads fan?

britney spears GIF

It’s actually not difficult to find a good quality version to stream.

You can watch the movie in HD here for free

https://fmovies.to/movie/crossroads-4vmk/0-full

And here in “BluRay” quality (apparently) also for free         

https://www.uwatchfree.do/2021/01/crossroads-2002-full-movie/

Additionally, you can watch it on Amazon Prime Video (US) in HD for $1.99 

https://www.amazon.com/Crossroads-Britney-Spears/dp/B0015L7BMI

Fun fact I just discovered:

Crossroads is written by the “great” Sonda Rhimes. The woman who wrote and/or produced Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, How To Get Away With ******, Bridgerton, and Introducing Dorothy Dandridge. Wow!

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I've always wondered this lol. I had never watched it so I had to watch a low quality version of it last year with my cousin and we enjoyed it. it wasn't a masterpiece but was a fun cute movie. I saw a post from an older fan a while ago saying that he skipped school with his friend without his parents knowing on the day it was released and went to watch it at the cinema with his friend, lol that's an actual cute story.

• Like 2

Crossroads and  Spice World are the two most highly sought films in the US.

My friend spent 50.00 on Amazon to buy Spice world brand new. 

in a 90s Facebook group many were saying this is a movie I need in my catalog cos it did become a cult classic due to the Music and memories of the Spice girls at the height of their careers..

I just don't know if glitter and Crossroads became cult status. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.