Your Unpopular Pop Culture Opinions

1. Brit's 3 best albums are Britney, Blackout and Oops! :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

2. BTS are great and deserve more recognition for their work, they're NOT just "Dynamite" and "Butter". :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

3. Rihanna, Ariana Grande, Drake, Ed Sheeran and Bieber make the most generic and bland music. They're pop stars but they're not "artists". :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

4. Madonna, Mariah and Britney should have more Grammys. I know the Grammys don't make an artist, but the fact that Eilish, Rihanna, etc. have more trophies than them. I - :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

5. More K-pop stars should have maintream success. I know BTS and BP are huge, but there are others who also deserve. TXT and ENHYPEN have bops. :neydedance_purple:

6. Reggaeton should disappear soon, it's not good and it's too generic. A lot of talentless people have risen to fame because of it. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

7. Hilary Duff was the blueprint for Demi, Miley, Selena, etc. It's a shame Hil never got the recognition and chart success of the latter three. She clearly sold more albums. (Metamorphosis era). :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

• Love 3
On 12/31/2021 at 12:53 AM, GhostFace said:

Sure Jan GIF

U dont have to agree but give this a thought: ppl here adore singers like Nelly furtado, paris hilton, hillary duff etc. but singets like Beyonce, Taylor, Adele, Katy and Billie get loads of hate. Artists of one of these groups dont have a similiar level of success as britney and the other is a lot more  successfull and praised. Therefore one group poses a "threat" and one doesnt. Maybe its just me but I truly believe there is a correlation 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Popcornie said:

U dont have to agree but give this a thought: ppl here adore singers like Nelly furtado, paris hilton, hillary duff etc. but singets like Beyonce, Taylor, Adele, Katy and Billie get loads of hate. Artists of one of these groups dont have a similiar level of success as britney and the other is a lot more  successfull and praised. Therefore one group poses a "threat" and one doesnt. Maybe its just me but I truly believe there is a correlation 

I understand your point.  Regarding being more succesful and praised is a bit difficult to compare, because if it were not for the conservatorship, Britney would be at a much higher level or she would have retired at the top and people would remember her with the same kind of nostalgia that only a few artists have "achieved". 

• Super Mods

That it's gone to ****, there are like 2 or 3 artists that produce actual good music nowadays, the rest are repetitive cr*p and bleached copies of each other or what has been done before. There is a complete lack of any creativity, the lyrics are cringe, artists are giving minimum effort and are basically crying how they are not earning enough all the time lol.

We need pop scene reinvention ASAP, and only Britney can do it :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Bambas said:

I understand your point.  Regarding being more succesful and praised is a bit difficult to compare, because if it were not for the conservatorship, Britney would be at a much higher level or she would have retired at the top and people would remember her with the same kind of nostalgia that only a few artists have "achieved". 

My phrasing is a bit misleading I meant that the other group is more successfull compared to popstars like nelly, hillary etc. Brit absolutely is as successfull as other pop A tier pop girls but when it comes to acclaim and praise thats something she doesnt rly get and i believe some are bitter because some other artists have that. Conservatorship messed a lot up but she never was liked by grammies or praised by media for her music. But i do love her and support her im just sort of a psychology nerd

• Like 1
On 1/2/2022 at 9:08 AM, FemmeFataleBrit said:

Rihanna doesn’t get enough attention for her complete lack of a unique style and the fact that she doesn’t write nor produce her own music. She isn’t even much of a vocalist or a performer either. 

Exactly. I've been saying this since forever. Rihanna has no discernible talent and is just some glorified karaoke singer who got lucky. 

She isn't as vocally exceptional as Mariah Carey, Whitney, Celine Dion, Beyoncé, Christina Aguilera or Gaga, she doesn't possess the acting skills of Gaga, she isn't a songwriter like Madonna, Mariah, Gaga, Shakira or Taylor Swift, most if not all of her songs are rejects and aren't even written by her LMAO (Umbrella is the reason she is so big today, if Rih didn't have Umbrella, she would be NOTHING and Umbrella isn't the only reject that wasn't even written by her she had, there's a lot more), she isn't much of a dancer like Janet Jackson, Britney (at her prime), Madonna, Jennifer Lopez, or Ciara she isn't a performing genius like Beyonce (Bey is waaayyyyyyy more talented in every field than Rihanna wishes she could aspire to be) and she has a low level of artistry and has little to 0 imput. 

No wonder she threw shade at Ciara, because she's just jealous bc she can't dance (she herself knows she can't) and isn't intelligent like Cici. 

Rih is ONLY an industry *** and she is lucky for being that successful despite her not having the same attributes as the other ladies (haiving looks is not a talent). She literally is the Kim Kardashian of the music industry. 

• Like 2
On 1/1/2022 at 4:33 AM, HauntedCircus said:

1. Brit's 3 best albums are Britney, Blackout and Oops! :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

2. BTS are great and deserve more recognition for their work, they're NOT just "Dynamite" and "Butter". :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

3. Rihanna, Ariana Grande, Drake, Ed Sheeran and Bieber make the most generic and bland music. They're pop stars but they're not "artists". :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

4. Madonna, Mariah and Britney should have more Grammys. I know the Grammys don't make an artist, but the fact that Eilish, Rihanna, etc. have more trophies than them. I - :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

5. More K-pop stars should have maintream success. I know BTS and BP are huge, but there are others who also deserve. TXT and ENHYPEN have bops. :neydedance_purple:

6. Reggaeton should disappear soon, it's not good and it's too generic. A lot of talentless people have risen to fame because of it. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

7. Hilary Duff was the blueprint for Demi, Miley, Selena, etc. It's a shame Hil never got the recognition and chart success of the latter three. She clearly sold more albums. (Metamorphosis era). :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

Another Taylor x Britney fan? What is happening, is britney gathering new young fans or are you old? 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block