Your Unpopular Pop Culture Opinions

These are some really good takes. I am not going to repeat what others have wrote but here are some of my thoughts:

1- Lady Gaga is an attention seeker and would do anything to make headlines. And not in the cool “The Fame” era kinda way. She did a lot of LGBTQ 🏳️‍🌈 pandering to get on their good side. And when it’s not cool anymore she suddenly stops repping them and resorted to other more relevant fads.

2- Gwen Stefani is underrated. She was the last Pop star who truly embedded art into her craft. She took her album themes very seriously and even created the a certain aesthetic For her LAMB era. She made sure it carried over to most of her photoshoots, performances, red carpet, MVs and so much more. The Sweet Escape to some extend followed a similar path. I have so much respect for her as an artist. 💖 👼🏿 🎶 👶 

3- JLo is the probably the most hardworking artist there is. While she branched out into many other successful ventures outside music such as beauty, cosmetics, film, TV and other businesses, her music hasn’t been boasting the same success. Her last major hit was On The Floor in 2011 - 2012 and she never landed a big hit ever since 💔Even though her YouTube views are nothing to joke about. my point is, passion and hard work =\= success on the charts which to me is annoying.

4- Today’s musicians stars burn quick. It’s like Kpop acts who are trendy one year then forgotten the next. BTS was an exception though.

5- Make Me was the worst single choice. Glory is an amazing album and it was very unfair to launch the era with such a mediocre song. It’s not a bad album track, if they gave it a proper chorus, but nowhere as hard hitting as earlier first single like WB and HIAM.

• Love 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it too late to voice my opinions?

Guess not. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Mainstream music from 2005-2009 was utter garbage. That being said, people need to stop glamorizing that era because of ‘nOsTaLgIa. It was an awful time for music. Don’t pretend it was good.
  • ‘Glory’ is no where anywhere near Britney’s best body of work. Most of the songs feel disposable.
  • ‘Blackout’ is also very overrated amongst Britney’s fanbase. Fortunately, the general public also agrees but leave it to the powerbottoms to believe that album is her best when half of it sounds one-dimensional and like a bunch of unfinished demos piled on top of eachother.
  • Janet Jackson was bound to have a career decline regardless if the Super Bowl incident happened or not. Aside from her work in the 90s, she’s very disposable and I understand why she wasn’t as global as some of the other pop acts. She also birthed whisper singing during an era where you had to prove yourself to be a vocalist in order to make it. 
  • Speaking of disposable, Kylie Minogue is someone who comes to mind. Disposable music, disposable visuals, disposable everything. ‘Fever’ and ‘BL’ were cool but that’s it. There’s a reason why she hardly made it in the biggest music market in the world. No one is here for her except for gay men. I wonder why. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:
  • The Kardashians don’t deserve the hate they get. For the most part, they mind their own business and represent how many families in LA are like.
  • MJ is overrated and his ‘larger than life’ persona was annoying af.
  • People don’t give Justin Bieber the credit he deserves. He’s arguably one of the most influential pop stars and has been the face of male pop for over a decade. Not to mention, he’s arguably the biggest celebrity since Britney’s debut and one of the most-searched people of all time.
  • Generation Z needs to top giving Kanye West a platform. That man is in his 40s and acts like a child. It’s embarrassing and he needs to grow up.
  • Britney Spears is the greatest pop star of all time — and I say this completely unbiased. She was literally born to entertain and was an absolute natural. The conservatorship, her family, the media and leaches destroyed a lot of what could have been but I am hopeful she can and will return, full-force, someday. Her legacy from up until 2008 remains unparalleled however.
  • Ever since Adele lost weight, moved to LA and started dressing up in distinguishable ‘designer streetwear’, she’s become fake, unbearable and annoying. I don’t understand why millennials eat her up. She’s always been rather boring and predictable.
  • ’Single Ladies’ and ‘Promiscuous’ are probably two of the most overrated songs of all time. Atrocious and sonically horrible. I’d rather listen to ‘Chillin With You’ at that point. :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:
  • Taylor Swift’s music during the ‘1989’ era was also atrocious. Nothing but a bunch of basic cookie-cutter, uninspired, YT-girl music. She ruined pop music. Her country music >>.
  • It’s safe to say that Rihanna was one of the biggest musical fads and gimmicks of the 21st century. The pure definition of a puppet. 
  • ‘Confessions on a Dance Floor’ isn’t in Madonna’s holy trinity.
  • Britney’s VMA 2016 red carpet look is beyond overrated. She looked washed up and the dress was basic af. 
  • Despite some of his problematic behavior, there is no denying Justin Timberlake is one of the most talented artists from his generation. He deserves the title ‘prince of pop’.
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

It is.

1 hour ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:
  • Mainstream music from 2005-2009 was utter garbage. That being said, people need to stop glamorizing that era because of ‘nOsTaLgIa. It was an awful time for music. Don’t pretend it was good.
  • ‘Glory’ is no where anywhere near Britney’s best body of work. Most of the songs feel disposable.
  • ‘Blackout’ is also very overrated amongst Britney’s fanbase. Fortunately, the general public also agrees but leave it to the powerbottoms to believe that album is her best when half of it sounds one-dimensional and like a bunch of unfinished demos piled on top of eachother.
  • Britney’s VMA 2016 red carpet look is beyond overrated. She looked washed up and the dress was basic af. 
  • Despite some of his problematic behavior, there is no denying Justin Timberlake is one of the most talented artists from his generation. He deserves the title ‘prince of pop’.

No one likes you :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

• Love 1
On 12/28/2021 at 9:04 AM, Henry M. Torres said:

Do you have any unpopular opinions? :emma: Please, be respectful :explainlol_stare_spin:

I'll start:

1. I think Beyonce, Adele and Taylor are so overrated :explainlol_stare_spin:
  2. Lana Del Rey's music deserves way more attention, she's a genius 
  3. Most of Rihanna's old hits aged badly 
  4. Ariana Grande used to be a good pop star
  5. I didn't like Lady Gaga's acting in A Star Is Born, seemed really fake and forced, I didn't even finish the movie :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:
  6. I'd do things w/ Scooter Braun :emma::crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:
  7. Watched whole Squid Game and I think it's sooo overrated 

bde08b08-5dca-4397-9c9f-8cb5938f662a.siz

Scooter Braun can GET IT - he's hot

Ed Sheeran and Pink have some of the most mind-numbingly generic and corny music I have ever heard. It literally hurts whenever I accidentally hit the radio button instead of the Bluetooth button in the car and blood comes pouring out of my ears when I hear their songs. So tired, so generic, and Ed especially is often dubbed as a genius and icon. Major oof.

• Love 3

European pop Music is better than the US pop music..

90s hip hop and R&B will always be better..

Just because your lyrics are so explicit doesn't mean its good. 

Leave a little imagination for me to interpret what you want in bed. I.e. you're making me high by toni Braxton or red light special by TLC

PCD is the worst girl group ever. In fact the late 00s described both PCD and danity kane best. Plastic at it's best. 

Destiny's child was the superior 2000s girl group and Beyonce's best Music..

But B'day is her best solo album to date. 

Confessions on a dance floor is why future Nostalgia happened.  

Even buzzfeed said without that album you wouldn't have to disco revival template..

Like Mel b said British people like it if you conquer the US, cos that means you achieved the impossible..

Little mix is superior to fifth harmony vocally and stage presence 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Guess not. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Janet Jackson was bound to have a career decline regardless if the Super Bowl incident happened or not. Aside from her work in the 90s, she’s very disposable and I understand why she wasn’t as global as some of the other pop acts. She also birthed whisper singing during an era where you had to prove yourself to be a vocalist in order to make it. 
  • Speaking of disposable, Kylie Minogue is someone who comes to mind. Disposable music, disposable visuals, disposable everything. ‘Fever’ and ‘BL’ were cool but that’s it. There’s a reason why she hardly made it in the biggest music market in the world. No one is here for her except for gay men. I wonder why. :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:
  • The Kardashians don’t deserve the hate they get. For the most part, they mind their own business and represent how many families in LA are like.
  • MJ is overrated and his ‘larger than life’ persona was annoying af.
  • People don’t give Justin Bieber the credit he deserves. He’s arguably one of the most influential pop stars and has been the face of male pop for over a decade. Not to mention, he’s arguably the biggest celebrity since Britney’s debut and one of the most-searched people of all time.
  • Generation Z needs to top giving Kanye West a platform. That man is in his 40s and acts like a child. It’s embarrassing and he needs to grow up.
  • Britney Spears is the greatest pop star of all time — and I say this completely unbiased. She was literally born to entertain and was an absolute natural. The conservatorship, her family, the media and leaches destroyed a lot of what could have been but I am hopeful she can and will return, full-force, someday. Her legacy from up until 2008 remains unparalleled however.
  • Ever since Adele lost weight, moved to LA and started dressing up in distinguishable ‘designer streetwear’, she’s become fake, unbearable and annoying. I don’t understand why millennials eat her up. She’s always been rather boring and predictable.
  • ’Single Ladies’ and ‘Promiscuous’ are probably two of the most overrated songs of all time. Atrocious and sonically horrible. I’d rather listen to ‘Chillin With You’ at that point. :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:
  • Taylor Swift’s music during the ‘1989’ era was also atrocious. Nothing but a bunch of basic cookie-cutter, uninspired, YT-girl music. She ruined pop music. Her country music >>.
  • It’s safe to say that Rihanna was one of the biggest musical fads and gimmicks of the 21st century. The pure definition of a puppet. 
  • ‘Confessions on a Dance Floor’ isn’t in Madonna’s holy trinity.

Y'all are so pressed about Beyonce and WHY?!?!?!?!? 😂😂😂😂

Also, Rihanna is a talentless scum who got lucky. 

1 hour ago, Leolileinstein said:

Y'all are so pressed about Beyonce and WHY?!?!?!?!? 😂😂😂😂

Also, Rihanna is a talentless scum who got lucky. 

Um when did I mention the name — Beyonce — once in my post? All I said was Single Ladies, as a SONG, is overrated garbage. No mention of Beyoncé’s artistry. The same way I think Break the Ice is also overrated — mainly amongst Britney’s fanbase that is. Read my post again.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Um when did I mention the name — Beyonce — once in my post? All I said was Single Ladies, as a SONG, is overrated garbage. No mention of Beyoncé’s artistry. The same way I think Break the Ice is also overrated — mainly amongst Britney’s fanbase that is. Read my post again. Chill.

Isn't that part of certain fandoms where everything they do is flawless. 

We all have those toxic fans that will even go at fans for criticizing the one they stan. 

That's all fandoms.  Even films. 

• Like 1

1) rap is not music

2) vicious bullys like Eminem and Pink got away unscathed and that’s not fair.

3) black artists get away with so much pushing the racial card (jayz stabbing and crack dealing, Beyonce ignorance and writing credits fraud, nicki minaj rap*** brother and husband, kanye arrogance, usher ist spreading, rkelly took forever to be accountable..). Everything such as blm looting is supported by them, which is overlooked and no one can say anything.

4) glee was terrible

5) drag queen shows are terrible

6) politically correct agenda should be cool and beneficial but current heavy hand is ruining entertainment and many things.

• Like 1

- I  am sick of everyone talking about Zendaya and Tom Holland and how cute and awesome they are. People trying to act like they are as popular as Britney and Justin were back in the day and it is just not true

- The political correctness in hollywood and everywhere needs to stop, like can't we all just get along and stop arguing over nonsense

- Miss the days without cell phones and social media

- The new rap music of this generation is almost all horrible and nothing like back in the day

- None of the new pop girls can hold a candle to what Britney was back in the day

- I wish clothing and makeup was more fun like back in the early 2000's where everyone didn't look so perfect and put together

Maybe I'm just getting old but things are definitely not as good as they were in the early 2000's

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block