New Clip from Once Upon More Time

17 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

Because they have not seen the musical, they have no idea what a courtain call is and they have no idea what a out-of-town tryout is :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:  

The musical is gorgeous, almot sold-out every night, and it'll be a massive hit once it moves to Broadway in 2022. Oh and I can't wait for all the "Britney's musical is smashing it" threads next year  :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

I'm pretty embarrased of this forum sometimes :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

Those costumes look so cheap, like carnival at a kindergarten

Here’s a review of the current show…

https://dcmetrotheaterarts.com/2021/12/19/once-upon-a-one-more-time-is-wacky-but-it-works/

I rarely post but I felt the need to chime in… Sorry to say, but a lot of you just happen to fill many certain stereotypes…

First off, this is just a curtain call, where performers take their bows. It is highly choreographed for a a curtain call, which is usually just people walking out and taking their bows. Here is a snippet I found of a review from someone who actually saw the show…

“I will also say that I LOVED the curtain call. I haven't seen a show with a highly choreographed curtain call in AGES so I had a ton of fun watching the bows. I didn't even realize that I missed choreographed curtain calls until I saw this.”

Next, this is called an OOTT (Out of town tryout). It’s where you perform the show in front of an audience for the first time and see what works. You see what jokes land, what songs work, etc.  Also, it has an out of town tryout budget. So if and when it transfers to the great white way (Broadway), the show will be revised based on audience reaction/feedback and the budget could be increased to allow for more intricate set/costumes.

Lastly, stop being so damn judgmental. We live in a world so full of hate, and you guys just perpetuate this notion.  Also, educate yourself on a topic before you needlessly chime in and knock everything. 

The show is selling very well and has great word of mouth… “Artistic director Simon Godwin (Shakespeare Theatre Company) says "Once Upon a One More Time is on track to become the top-selling show in the company’s 35-year history."

Am I saying it’s the greatest piece of theater every contrived for the stage?…No, I am not. Will it last many years on broadway if it even makes the transfer?…who knows. All I’m saying is educate yourself, do a little research, and get off your high horses. Not everything needs your sassy sarcastic input on a topic you know nothing about.

P.S. I have in no way shape or form, any ties or stakes to the show. I don’t perform or have money invested in the show. Just a fan of theater.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

They can be done well if correctly adapt. I mean Moulin Rouge is outrageous but it works, The Cher Show was incredible.

This is a bad show fullstop.

I won't waste my time trying to explain what the purpose of a tryout is. Check what the Cher show looked like in the tryouts...

You can't compare to Moulin Rouge production which has millions invested based on a famous movie. In fact they're losing a lot of money and the production is expected to close in 2022 and go on tour

"Once upon a one more time" has great reviews so far, and it will also go under rework to adjust the play before opening on Broadway. That's what a tryout is for... 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

I won't waste my time trying to explain what the purpose of a tryout is. Check what the Cher show looked like in the tryouts...

You can't compare to Moulin Rouge production which has millions invested based on a famous movie. In fact they're losing a lot of money and the production is expected to close in 2022 and go on tour

"Once upon a one more time" has great reviews so far, and it will also go under rework to adjust the play before opening on Broadway. That's what a tryout is for... 

Frankly, this is irrelevant when it's literally been approved as is by Britney's Conservatorship Team. This isn't an unofficial release, this was signed off by Team Con as it is.

It is a mess, and unless the rework the set in its entirety, and costuming, and the score etc.

Yes, it is a tryout, but most shows are edited, not reworked entirely at this stage.

23 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

Because they have not seen the musical, they have no idea what a courtain call is and they have no idea what a out-of-town tryout is :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:  

The musical is gorgeous, almot sold-out every night, and it'll be a massive hit once it moves to Broadway in 2022. Oh and I can't wait for all the "Britney's musical is smashing it" threads next year  :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

I'm pretty embarrased of this forum sometimes :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

Me too... they'll be watching it soon enough. 

I'm glad you enjoyed it too. Though I guess you are a plant for team con too.

On 12/21/2021 at 8:32 PM, pablitonizer said:

👆👆👆

On 12/21/2021 at 1:32 PM, pablitonizer said:

My thoughts exactly lmao

This is the curtain call. It's obvious. Like wtf.

:beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: Get some culture, girls.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block