Britney calls out Christina Aguilera and thanks Lady Gaga

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

I'm a Britney stan, but to call Christina out publicly may not be the smartest move.

This reminds of something Adele mentioned on her interview with Oprah. When she was asked about her weight lost, she said: ""It's not my job to validate how people feel about their bodies. I feel bad that it's made anyone feel horrible about themselves - but that's not my job. I'm trying to sort my own life out. I can't add another worry. "

Adele made a valid point that applies to other topics.

Why should Christina, or any other artists, constantly validate what Britney went through?

Sure, most artists are powerful enough to be vocal about it, but it's not their jobs. They're trying to sort their own lives out too.

Britney wants others to speak up, but truth is, and as Gaga said, she's the only one that changed her life, nobody else.

Maybe it's time for Britney to finally speak up and stand for herself. Now, more than ever, she's proving she has a voice of her own.

Solidarity with women who experience abuse is about showing up when it's uncomfortable. Xtina claims to be for women's empowerment and uses Britney's name to advance her career all the time. 

• Love 6
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, jennyj said:

Ugh no Brinni... this is distasteful.  People already question her profile with all the repeat pics and other weird stuff.  I get she's free now, but that's not like her to talk like that.

Either way, it's pretty bad... Christina wished her well, it was that douche behind her that stopped her from speaking, something that Britney should know as she's very well experienced with her team constantly silencing her these years.

I defend her a lot, but can't this time unless she didn't write that.

**** off… drag her!!!! slay her!!! sipping on that truth tea hunty!!! 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Ricardo Santos said:

Probably there is something going on behind the scenes. 

One thing is what you want people to see on social media. Another different thing, is what people are doing face to face. 

Actually, nobody knows what Christina knew or  have said to Britney. 

One thing is fore sure... If Britney posted this, there might be a reason for that. 

And in fact, it is ridiculous that, back then, Christina used Britneys name to be talked about. Now that is the time to talk about (not only about Britney, but also the corrupt system) she didn't. 

Christina got her way to be bad again in the press. This time, it will be right! 

Sorry, she deserves it. 

Look , her reaction seemed kinda beetchy and inappropriate but I'm pretty sure it's just bad timing .... Would be nice of her to speak up I agree but Britney is better than that , she should have just ignored her .....

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Derwood said:

Solidarity with women who experience abuse is about showing up when it's uncomfortable. Xtina claims to be for women's empowerment and uses Britney's name to advance her career all the time.

Exactly why I feel no sympathy toward her in this. The interview brush off may seem like nothing to some, but this is a pattern of behavior from her. She should have expected these kinds of questions. It takes 5 seconds to craft a PR answer with your team and move onto the next, but now this is a big issue.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

I might get hate for this but I disagree with Britney in this case…I don’t disagree with her message, but last night was Christina’s night. I can understand Christina’s point of view…She finally released Spanish music and she hasn’t been to the Latin Grammys in forever…So she might have expected fo be asked about her music, not Britney.

This.

But now we know where Britney stands and with who.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Rob_ said:

I love Britney for being able to post what she wants whether I agree with it or not. With that being said, this situation is clearly infuriating to Britney, and for one of your peers that you’ve known almost your whole life to dodge a question about the abuse you’ve been in for 13 years is inexcusable, in my opinion. 

Of course, She’s entitled to not say anything but why would she choose that route rather than just saying I love and support her and I’m excited for her future. That’s not hard  

I know what you mean! It's hard to excuse Xtina here, but aren't we all for all women being free to do and say or NOT do and NOT say whatever they want? At the end of the end, it's about freedom.

And on the other hand... Gaga is answering every single question from every media outlet out there asking her about Britney but I think she's doing it just to promote her movie! Because she wasn't that vocal before... So my point is: There's no way to win. The only way to genuinely assess people's intentions is if they PRIVATELY REACHED BRITNEY OR NOT. That's it.

• Love 2
  • Like 5
12 minutes ago, The Queen said:

She is clearly speaking, but one thing is feeling the need the world to know the truth, a different  thing is to blame the whole world for what a few did.

A lot of people are involved in this injustice, not just a few! The music industry is just like the movieindustry very cruel and scary. 

But after it made headlines every star is like: Oh i didn't know! Yes, you did! 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.