Sam Asghari and his creative director Maxi allegedly call out The New York Times

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

You don't need to quote that Twitter user, the screenshots were already shared in the other thread, and the conversation led to nowhere.

Sam's statement on it is from a couple hours ago... so that is new. Why does this thread need comments moderated? I believe everything that has been said so far has been following community guidelines. 

You're one of my fave MOD's, by the way!

• Love 2
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

This comment in the other thread has the full article text:

Basically, the journalist wanted to learn more about Sam, his background, his career goals, etc. but the journalist indicates that he didn’t reveal much of any substance. She also portrays his assistants/managers as being disorganized and maybe slightly in over their heads.

Ah, so maybe he got his feelings hurt over that and then lashed out about how they mentioned Britney’s name? 

Its not a reporter’s job to make you look good Sam— they aren’t your public relations team. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, KatieKat said:

Among many other powerful pieces of work, the NYT is responsible for the documentary that brought Britney’s terrifying situation to the attention of the general public.

I do not believe Britney would be free right now without the work of the NYT. The court had never allowed her to pick her own attorney — and I don’t think they *ever* would have except for the fact that the whole world was watching.

It’s shocking to me that Sam would publicly lash out at the publication that helped his fiancée get her civil rights back. 

This. 

That Maxi person just pisses me off every time they speak! Ugh, every Insta story is so passive aggressive and their comments regarding the reporter's personal hygiene and making fun of her genitals is really disgusting, childish and uncalled for. And then leaking the reporter's email and telling their followers to send love harassment to the reporter's email and social media?! M E S S. HOT ****ING MESS. Seriously? That person needs to stay as far away from Brit as possible. She does NOT need that negative aura and energy around her. As for Sam, I expected better from him. I'm still happy for Brit and Sam's engagement, but this just doesn't look good for him. NYT put out the 2 best Britney docs this year and they were done so well too! They definitely helped the #FreeBritney movement immensely. Sam, do better. Maxi, shut up. 

:gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted::gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted::gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Says the man who constantly runs to talk to TMZ. Is this your reputable publication, Sam?

He also used Britney name for ad of teeth whitening. And don't forget the ring "Britney"/"Lioness".

And a lot of other things that raise red flags.

-

I don't even want to talk about Maxi anymore, he himself perfectly shows what kind of person he is:

47a6c7ffc4e9.png

d83c2646b545.jpg

FBS3YpUXIAAP4sZ?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 2

Talking like that about your first major interview is really stupid for a number of reasons. Firstly, bashing such a reputable publication as The New York Times, shows unprofessionalism and lack of subtlety. Secondly, accusing the NYT of having bad intentions seems a little suspicious, considering that publication was instrumental for Britney’s case and they provided actual evidence in her trials. Lastly, behaving like a child and trashing people on social media is the perfect recipe for not being respected in the show business. 

Overall, this is a very bad look on Sam and I’m a bit disappointed to be honest. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4

User @DuranDuran posted these in the other thread:

47a6c7ffc4e9.png

d83c2646b545.jpg

And I'm honestly shocked. Being p*ssed about the portrayal of Sam and his assistants is one thing and certainly not professional, but this is a personal attack against the author. Basically defamation. :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted: Maxi's behaviour will harm Sam's career and reputation a LOT, when he continues to work with a team that responses like this when it's not sunshine and butterflies.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DuranDuran said:

Says the man who constantly runs to talk to TMZ. Is this your reputable publication, Sam?

He also used Britney name for ad of teeth whitening. And don't forget the ring "Britney"/"Lioness".

And a lot of other things that raise red flags.

-

I don't even want to talk about Maxi anymore, he himself perfectly shows what kind of person he is:

47a6c7ffc4e9.png

d83c2646b545.jpg

FBS3YpUXIAAP4sZ?format=jpg&name=900x900

jfc!!!!! get those leeches away from our precious britney :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

• Love 1
5 hours ago, KatieKat said:

Ah, so maybe he got his feelings hurt over that and then lashed out about how they mentioned Britney’s name? 

Its not a reporter’s job to make you look good Sam— they aren’t your public relations team. 

Yes I believe Sam didn’t give them much to work with because after all, he’s a fairly superficial person, and maybe he wanted to be praised and put in a more positive flight, but I think this article is fairly neutral. Him expecting no mention of Britney whatsoever is delusion at its finest lmao. He wouldn’t be there without her. The couple of lines that were dedicated to her and her newly found freedom were nothing but respectful & decent. The lame article perfectly represented Sam’s personality, outside the fact he’s Mr. Britney Spears.  

• Love 1