Sam Asghari and his creative director Maxi allegedly call out The New York Times

Just now, Like A Slumber Party said:

Is the Maxi Instagram account that people are screenshotting legitimately the same Maxi that is mentioned in the article? 

I’m not sure what’s going on but it just seems like drama for the sake of drama - if Maxi or whoever have issues with the article then keep it personal and don’t post screenshots and attacks via IG. It’s just tacky 

• Like 1
Just now, KrisJ said:

I’m not sure what’s going on but it just seems like drama for the sake of drama - if Maxi or whoever have issues with the article then keep it personal and don’t post screenshots and attacks via IG. It’s just tacky 

I mentioned it in a comment above but I'm shocked that any of the people in the article replied. I thought Sam, the publicist and Maxi would just let it be and move on tbh. 

Just now, SlayOut said:

I’m sorry, but Sam and Maxi are acting desperate because they were portrayed in a poor light. I have defended Sam and am happy for him and Britney, but he is obviously scrambling because his assistants/managers were shown to be disorganized and chaotic on the set of the interview.

Also, the article doesn’t even cover Britney or the conservatorship beyond merely mentioning that a.) his fiancé is Britney and b.) she was freed from the conservatorship. The article doesn’t go into further detail than that; plus, Sam isn’t asked about it further nor does he (rightfully) speak about it.

They’re obviously embarrassed about this piece but their tantrums about it don’t change anything and makes them look even worse.

I couldnt read it, why are they mad at the NYT? 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
Just now, fays1 said:

I couldnt read it, why are they mad at the NYT? 

This comment in the other thread has the full article text:

Basically, the journalist wanted to learn more about Sam, his background, his career goals, etc. but the journalist indicates that he didn’t reveal much of any substance. She also portrays his assistants/managers as being disorganized and maybe slightly in over their heads.

• Like 1

The NYTimes literally acknowledged this IN the interview, they said we were told no questions about Britney, so we didn't ask any.  They literally just put his life in context and the whole rest of the article was about Sam and mostly Maxi's unprofessionalism.  Had Sam actually done what they had discussed and shown his stunt moves or whatever, then the NYTimes would have actually had SOMEthing else to talk about.  But they were literally in the dark, like Sam just says positive things, won't open up and now, he won't even demonstrate his action moves because they were butt hurt it wasn't gonna be filmed or whatever. So what were they SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT in the article?! And why was M trying to feed Sam answers?!  If you check the videos of Sam on his Insta he's actually really good and seems talented athletically and he potentially has a good career ahead of him, but NOT by having his team behave this way and then play the victim (not to mention this is THE outlet that created the TWO best docs exposing Team Con, now you're picking a fight with them? Sorry, but not smart). 

Now this?!  Really?  Maxi OUT!  

Judge Judy Reaction GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

• Love 5
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, WeFreedBritneyNow said:

The NYTimes literally acknowledged this IN the interview, they said we were told no questions about Britney, so we didn't ask any.  They literally just put his life in context and the whole rest of the article was about Sam and mostly Maxi's unprofessionalism.  Had Sam actually done what they had discussed and shown his stunt moves or whatever, then the NYTimes would have actually had SOMEthing else to talk about.  But they were literally in the dark, like Sam just says positive things, won't open up and now, he won't even demonstrate his action moves because they were butt hurt it wasn't gonna be filmed or whatever. So what were they SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT in the article?! If you check the video of Sam he's actually really good and seems talented athletically and he potentially has a good career ahead of him, but NOT by having his team behave this way and then play the victim. 

Now this?!  Really?  Maxi OUT!  

Judge Judy Reaction GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

You explained the article/situation pretty well, in my opinion!

• Love 4
  • Super Mods
16 minutes ago, Like A Slumber Party said:

@SlayOut On an unrelated note – I'm obsessed with your display picture. Where is that gif from? Have a video link? Looks like the 'Do You Wanna Come Over' Today Show performance?

It was the Make Me performance for the Today Show! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

About the 3:40 mark! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: I think I have an HQ gif somewhere… I’ll have to find it. Flawless outfit and makeup and performance that day. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:
EDIT

Here’s the HQ gif, @Like A Slumber Party! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488651a24d065824deb2143a9369b504dbfc46332ebd&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Edited by SlayOut
  • Like 2