King of my Castle (solo mix) demo

Britney recorded this for the singles collection - this was her version. The verses were left empty for a supposed female feature. 

When that didn’t happen, Shayne ward took the song and added his vocals to release it but it didn’t go ahead. The song was reworked by Shayne and another singer for the final/official version he released. 

• Super Mods
2 minutes ago, KrisJ said:

Britney recorded this for the singles collection - this was her version. The verses were left empty for a supposed female feature. 

When that didn’t happen, Shayne ward took the song and added his vocals to release it but it didn’t go ahead. The song was reworked by Shayne and another singer for the final/official version he released. 

ohhhh I see, I thought the empty verses were just traces of an early demo :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: They do say the final version is yet to come out though? 

10 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

not entirely, it's an early demo, apparently it's not fully her voice, it's mixed with someone else's

Well that makes sense as the male vocalist on that demo is NOT Shayne Ward lol. Was he definitely supposed to be on the song with Britney?

There's some parts of the demo that do sound like Britney singing to me though.

Edited by Isla
8 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

ohhhh I see, I thought the empty verses were just traces of an early demo :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: They do say the final version is yet to come out though? 

That was my understanding as per “The Original Doll” podcast where the host interviewed the producer of the song recently. It was a good listen :) 

14 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

not entirely, it's an early demo, apparently it's not fully her voice, it's mixed with someone else's

Britney didn't record the verses, it was left open for a female colalb that didn't happen, so this is the only solo version from Britney that's out there.

Shane had nothing to do with this collab and his own version was not supposed to feature Britney, but was added later to a rough mix per request.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block