Conservatorship Collaborated With Management To Turn Off Britney's Live Mic?

Britney killed her voice during her EARLY years trying to dance and sing live perfectly with minimal tracking, using only specific cues to her audio tech to turn up the playback for difficult vocal points in the song (watch any 'Crazy' performance). IMO she got vocal nodes and probably never sought vocal therapy, and lived with the consequences. After a few years of this and once her dancing / X-Factor took front seat, there was no reason to sing live. She lipped most of ITZ era, so why would she suddenly change, when she's older and less athletically inclined onstage? 

Britney can sing live if she wants to, but she would need to put a lot of effort into the rehearsals and playback mixing like Beyonce and JLO do so it's unnoticeable transitions. Recall how much she focused on just one line of live singing and dancing for the Satisfaction / Oops Medley. 

And let's not forget it's not Britney's natural voice to be highly pitched, so there's no way she was going to sing Bebe's song live, as I'm sure they had to pitch her in the booth for that one, let alone ask her to do that dancing.

RE: the "this feels illegal" comment for the performance of Something to Talk about is probably because something was happening behind the scenes with the conservatorship at this time, and Britney rarely performs with a hand mic and addresses the audience. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Bronwyn 99 said:

why would Britney specifically record studio vocals of Bebe Rexa's Me, Myself and I if liveney was planned?

I remember hearing rumors that they were going to release a version for streaming and stuff. I assumed it was professionally recorded for that. But, you know, I don’t think the fans were really all that into hearing a G Easy song and that never happened. That’s just a thought, though. Britney and I never talked about. 

4 hours ago, WhatTheHellWhoCares? said:

Hasn’t Britney implied this for years? Remember when she was angry during that one interview during or before Vegas when she said she always sings live? Maybe she was trying to hint that it’s not her choice that her mic is off. 

It's still a lie because she very clearly isn't singing. At the time we had several videos of her turning her back or standing behind the circus wall and not moving her mouth + the slave 4 u mask incident. Just look at her neck and mouth when she is singing vs not. There is a big difference.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

It’s obvious she was supposed to be live, she points at the mic and she’s clearly pissed.

Also, she was definitely more into her career back in the day, she used to live and breathe performing! 

No, she points at her ‘watch’ for the time lyrics. Happens in every performance and the dancers do it too.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, Bunkywoo said:

Shes been under control .. in the beginning she was always live. After this prison sentence .. the drugging of her.. nope 👎 .. she has no problem singing live. 

We all know this is not true. She was sometimes live in the beginning, but that was maybe 20% of the time. Not everything is a conspiracy. She’s not a strong live vocalist and we as Britney fans have always accepted it. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

We all know this is not true. She was sometimes live in the beginning, but that was maybe 20% of the time. Not everything is a conspiracy. She’s not a strong live vocalist and we as Britney fans have always accepted it. 

She actually holds a note pretty well . She may not be whitney or mariah .. but shes a darn good vocalist.. You just remember the conservatorship years .. also when your dancing its harder to hold a note .. yet she did sing live .

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bunkywoo said:

She actually holds a note pretty well . She may not be whitney or mariah .. but shes a darn good vocalist.. You just remember the conservatorship years .. also when your dancing its harder to hold a note .. yet she did sing live .

I’m aware she has a good voice. I’ve been and fan and seen her live since her mall days. Once she got extra famous and her routines got harder the backtrack was more present. Midway in the BOMT tour is when it really began. The last true live performances we got where for the Oops promos, not counting something to talk about and other random motionless performances .

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block