Conservatorship Collaborated With Management To Turn Off Britney's Live Mic?

In a new tiktok video, A source claims that Britney was originally going to sing live with the hand mic at the 2016 VMA's with G Eazy. Personally I think it was meant to be off because why would Britney specifically record studio vocals of Bebe Rexa's Me, Myself and I if liveney was planned?

Tiktok Video -https://twitter.com/i/status/1456685352790417410

I think we've been aware that over the course of 10 years since team con Britney's live interaction with us has been interesting but it's been more scripted than authentic and it begs the question that's existing, Who's responsible of the live mic cutting out seconds before the dance and ballad numbers? 

I would say Britney's last intimate moment with her fans on stage from what I can remember was Onyx 2004 where she slows the show down with her ballad Everytime and she talks how life goes on even when there's bull**** always being written you.

Everytime from 09 and Perfume in Vegas it's been ("I'm going to slow it down right now with a song called...i hope you like it) and would lip-syc her way though it. In her earlier tours she would often reach out to the audience then perform her ballads live.  

Tour Music director Simon Ellis of Circus and Femme Fatale recently revealed on a podcast that the cover of You Oughta Know was Britney's decision to do that number completely live. We love a **** ton of Rebellioney but how did that one go down? 

How can we not talk about Something To Talk About in 2017  "It feels illegal to have this mic in my hand right now, It feels so weird".  That hits different now, right? She went rogue that night and had the live band actually playing. How did that one get past Larry?  

Comment below your thoughts on this topic. Do you believe it's always been Britney's choice to have no live mic during the performances since DWAD 2001 from Piece of Me 2018 Including playback? Or did management and conservatorship hold her back because they didn't believe in her as a live vocalist.  Britney Spears GIF by 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Tear the floor up up said:

I've said this before but I think it's a combination of Britney not caring to sing live (because she's being forced to perform and also dancing), and her team were more than happy not to encourage her (to avoid her speaking out during performances)

Saying that, I find it very hard to believe she had any intention to sing live during the VMA 2016 performance. She'd been in Vegas for 3 years by that point and not one audible note had come out of her mic (this was before STTA and Happy Birthday). If I recall correctly, she also later performed that exact medley with G-Eazy at festivals, and maybe even in Vegas, and it was the same playback track she used

That's right! 

3 minutes ago, DJBringItBack said:

This is bull**** why do people fixate on her singing live so much? This rehearsal is going around and will leak eventually so we will know the truth 

I don’t care if she sings live or lip syncs. People seem to care so much and always have because well, she is a singer :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, BritneyLVR said:

I don’t care if she sings live or lip syncs. People seem to care so much and always have because well, she is a singer :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

If it bothers someone so much then they shouldn’t attend her concerts or watch her performances… there is no need to repeatedly mention it if all they’re going to do is complain about it 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

These theories are getting ridiculous. Britney was never known to be a live singer, pre and post con.. let’s be real.  

Shes been under control .. in the beginning she was always live. After this prison sentence .. the drugging of her.. nope 👎 .. she has no problem singing live. 

• Like 1

All I know is that I could not do 1.5-2.5 hours straight of dancing and performing like Britney does without being seriously out of breath, let alone having room to sing on top of it. 

That’s not an excuse for the ballads or at least some live singing here or there though. 

Britney literally admitted to lip syncing “it’s all playback” in the bonus edition (I think) of her Stages documentary from 2002 when she’s in Japan, 6 years before the conservatorship. I agree with what @Tear the floor up up said as well. 

• Love 2
  • Like 6

Personally I think it was meant to be off because why would Britney specifically record studio vocals of Bebe Rexa's Me, Myself and I if liveney was planned?

Lots of artists (including Britney in the past) re-record vocals or record performance specific vocals for backing purposes not as the main vocals (except in accident situations or if they plan on lip-syncing). I still think Britney was meant to sing live during that performance because she rarely ever gets a handheld mic unless she's meant to sing live and you can see in her face she was pissed when it didn't turn on. But she still kept professional and did her thing.

• Like 1

Personally I think it was meant to be off because why would Britney specifically record studio vocals of Bebe Rexa's Me, Myself and I if liveney was planned?

Lots of artists (including Britney in the past) re-record vocals or record performance specific vocals for backing purposes not as the main vocals (except in accident situations or if they plan on lip-syncing). I still think Britney was meant to sing live during that performance because she rarely ever gets a handheld mic unless she's meant to sing live and you can see in her face she was pissed when it didn't turn on. But she still kept professional and did her thing.

52 minutes ago, Puppy said:

Tik tok people are so slow at every thing even with the freebritney movement, if they had joined exhale they would’ve known this was discussed already :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

:orangu_orangutan_ape: Right?? I feel like this has been posted so many times on Exhale (I'm pretty sure even I posted about it way back then lol).  Tik tokers need to get with the times.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block