MDNA and Lotus should've been released in 2011

That's the thread :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

jk, but for real, I was listening to some 2011 playlist, and I remembered how I used to think back then that we were only missing Madonna and Christina Aguilera. Xtina did release Moves like Jagger, but I feel like Your Body, Let There Be Love would've been awesome in 2011 along with everything else that was playing that year. Same with Madonna's Give Me All Your Luvin and Girl Gone Wild.

lotus.jpg.da7c4c05ae9c980130fc126da50a4d89.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Stefani said:

I don't see how a year would've made a difference. I hated Lotus and wasn't fond of MDNA either, so my opinions on them would remain the same. :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

I've always thought the context of when an album or single are released also matters. Like, yes, you can just pick an album and judge it on its own, encapsulated just by what it is, but most of the times we consume something along with everything else we're listening to at the time. That's why I think you can't just get an album you never listened to when it came out, and judge it years later, without having all the context of what all the other artists were releasing back then. I mean, you can lol but it's never gonna be the same. 

And yes, you can still totally say that even compared to what was out in 2011, you still wouldn't like it, and that's fair. 

For example to me Femme Fatale and Born This Way will always go hand in hand, because I was listening to both at the same time. I can see me listening to Lotus too and enjoying it so much more then, than in 2012 when the music scene was so boring. At least compared to the singles that all the pop acts were putting out. Maybe I won't compare the full album, but I could totally see Your Body being played at my high school cafeteria (when I was still in high school) and everyone enjoying it as we did all the Gaga, Britney, Beyonce, Katy Perry songs that were coming out at the time. Same with Give Me All Your Luvin too. But in 2012 it just felt like they were just too late to the party. 

With the same example, if Born This Way came out in 2012 or any other year, chances are I wouldn't even had dared to listen to it. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Kinda weird how so many pop girlies released their worst work in 2012/2013. Basic Jingles, MDNA, Stars Dance, Lotus, etc. The only notable thing about those two years was Lana's and Lorde's debuts.

Those really have aged well too.

All the other albums, even Born this way, are albums I haven't listened to in over 5 years.

This was such a dull time in pop music. 

and i think Bionic is way better than Lotus. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Kevney said:

Those really have aged well too.

All the other albums, even Born this way, are albums I haven't listened to in over 5 years.

This was such a dull time in pop music. 

and i think Bionic is way better than Lotus. 

Born This Way suffers from being too long and samey at times (17 tracks on the deluxe, and a lot of them are on the longer side). It's a good album, and I love how ambitious it is, but it takes a lot of mental energy to get myself to listen to it.

• Super Mods

I think Lotus was just a weak album, regardless of the year. Half of songs sound unfinished and it's just...it has no character whatsoever. MDNA is a genuinely cool album IMO, not something you would expect from Madonna in a traditional sense, but it's filled with bops I enjoy listening even nowadays :) 

• Like 1

MDNA is the worst album of Madonna and im a stan of Xtina but Lotus the worst album of her.

Also another thing, for me the problem with Rebel Heart is similar to Bionic, too long and over the place, but i like Rebel heart there are some good songs (the album name track a bonus of deluxe??? and is so good) and I love Bionic.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block