Paula Abdul as an entertainer .. Your thoughts .

NoWorries

I'm afraid Britney will end up this generations Paula. She was dubbed the new Madonna. She was a full on entertainer, setting trends, artistically challenging herself, and now with the conservatorship the GP doesn't take her serious. She is just a lip synching dancing girl to them like Paula. Britney has been wanting to do her own thing but since the CON, they see her, not as an artist, but a money machine. So they never allowed creative control. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MikeHunt said:

I'm afraid Britney will end up this generations Paula. She was dubbed the new Madonna. She was a full on entertainer, setting trends, artistically challenging herself, and now with the conservatorship the GP doesn't take her serious. She is just a lip synching dancing girl to them like Paula. Britney has been wanting to do her own thing but since the CON, they see her, not as an artist, but a money machine. So they never allowed creative control. 

Paula and Britney are both awesome entertainers. Yet many will attack their singing skills. Lip syncing is a huge factor with many artists who dance a lot and even some that do not . Many men and women have be caught lip-syncing and are attacked for it ….Madonna has, Janet has , Gaga, Beyonce has even Mariah has … plus countless others  . Mariah, Whitney, K. Clarkson, Christina, Ann Wilson .. they have power house voices . Yet all the other amazing women have impressive talent in their own ways  …they all have their own unique sounds and cater to their own strengths. 

Britney I see singing live again. Yet only after shes free of her BS situation and if she actually decides too on her own terms .

Paula needs more credit . She is an awesome entertainer and I actually love her voice . You try dancing and holding a note . If you ever went to a concert of hers back in her day .. she sang live and put on some great shows. No she will never be Mariah or Celine.  People are always going to have an opinion on all these women. Some can belt out songs, others can put on a show like no others . Yet they all have shined . Not many make it close to their levels.  We loved all these women at times. Then we tear them apart more so than men. If your being bashed and torn down by society. You definitely made it . Its just a shame we love to love them  . Yet then we love to hate on them all and we pit them against each other. 

Paula was actually a wonderful highlight a few years back at the billboard music awards. Her , Mariah and Madonna showed the youth how it was really done. 

Britney will shine again . If she decides to .. she will once shes freed. Britney has been silenced. Seems like her family always used her .. they took control while she was suffering from postpartum and ptsd from the crazy paparazzi . Finally rebelling .. which many youth do .. yet she was filmed 24/7. Britney hopefully soon will drain the swamp. 

• Super Mods

I like her.

I think she was definitely the 'Britney' of the 80s cause of how she had stronger dancing skills than singing.

The only difference is Britney's voice was and is more pleasant to the ears (Sorry Paula)

I love her Forever Your Girl album however I dont know any of her songs after that, except Rush Rush.

Its sad that she fell off the radar after that album cause she was really charismatic and cool.

I wish I could've been alive in her prime but at least the good thing is I can experience it on the internet like youtube.

Paula was and still is an amazing entertainer.  She just reproved it at close to 60 at the Billboards. Just like Britney she has the it factor…  Always being bashed .. yet undervalued and resilient . No they may not have a power house voice but both know their strengths better than most. Both can sing . I would like to see the critiques and fans sing ? I agree Paula would probably have been around more if she was not injured . Yet I hear shes working on an album again. Fingers crossed. People bash talent . Maybe they have their weaknesses but they have their strengths. They know what works which for many is rare . To be an entertainer of their stature is rare . I like the triple threats . 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block