Paula Abdul as an entertainer .. Your thoughts .

NoWorries

Many years ago it was Madonna , Janet and then came Paula. All three were huge . Paula at one point exploded in popularity. She was huge back in the day . Straight up, Cold Hearted , Forever your girl…etc. Yet society ripped her voice apart because she did not have a powerhouse voice.  She was no Mariah or Whitney . Yet she found her niche. After time she just left..She said she suffered a lot of injuries from dancing and a plane crash . She then had to take meds for pain and injuries she suffered. Paula left music to focus on her health.

Paula then returned strong with the launching of American Idol. She was the only known celebrity when it started up . Yet I never thought she got the credit she deserved. 

During the years she was on meds. Sometimes she said and looked out there. Society joked about Paula  . Kinda like they did when Britney was medicated on Idol.  That always bothered me. Yet Paula held her own and was a strength and an important reason her Simon and Randy became huge again.  Then she left because the men got paid more and yet she deserved equal pay ? I only tuned in for her and the talent . Then I loved her sparring with Simon. Yet It showed how women still have far to go in equal pay . 

Paula Abdul was a Great Entertainer …she use to know her limits and worked on strengthening her voice. She could dance . She is still a talented choreographer to this day  .

A few years back at an award show she slayed a performance ( with a little lip sinking, I think dancing like that you have to ) . Shes almost 60 , still gorgeous and still a sweetheart .  Would the world like another Paula Album? I actually would love to hear more songs from her . If you liked her? Did you have a song favorite? Do you even care about Paula ? Your thoughts? I will always love her.

• Love 4

I will always love Paula she is my fathers one of the favourites I was so mesmerised by her when my dad used to make me watch him as a kid just like I used to be with Brit! I love Paula she is a legend and a true Queen a pure talented women if she gives anything new I am here for it. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Prachi said:

I will always love Paula she is my fathers one of the favourites I was so mesmerised by her when my dad used to make me watch him as a kid just like I used to be with Brit! I love Paula she is a legend and a true Queen a pure talented women if she gives anything new I am here for it. 

My dad also loved her, I don’t know much about her. Can y’all recommend me something as I’m no familiar with her sound? :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Style. said:

My dad also loved her, I don’t know much about her. Can y’all recommend me something as I’m no familiar with her sound? :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

Listen to forever your girl album it's a BOP, I also feel Brit was somewhere inspired by her as well but Janet takes the cake overall. She puts on a great show too! 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Jefferson Silva said:

I've never heard her songs other than the singles and they are ALL BOPS.

love vibeology and knocked out

promise of a new day too

Paula choreographed Janet, Michael,George Michael, The lakers girls, Tracy Ullman show, coming to American , tom hanks in Big and many other movies, celebrities and shows. She was always undervalued. Yet she knew her strengths and used them better than most . Also  shes just another kind women. Janet I adore .. another abused celebrity. Why is it strong talented women are always being kicked down? Strong women .. we knock them down in this society after idolizing them . 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block