Jump to content

‘Circus’ is now certified Gold in the UK (400,000+ units). This is Britney’s 10th song to reach this milestone.


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Frankie8 said:

Great! Just a tad late by almost 13 years. :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

It's very difficult to sell in US as their number for certifications are high + their market is low only pure sales artist has done it new artists are only able to pull out single sales which isn't worth a dime! Plus she has 5.8M units of albums and she never even had a no 1 album charting there while Taylor had and still 3M album sales only. Circus song charted no 13 it's reaching this certification is an achievement in itself :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy::queenie_falling_dying_dead:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Prachi said:

It's very difficult to sell in US as their number for certifications are high + their market is low only pure sales artist has done it new artists are only able to pull out single sales which isn't worth a dime! Plus she has 5.8M units of albums and she never even had a no 1 album charting there while Taylor had and still 3M album sales only. Circus song charted no 13 it's reaching this certification is an achievement in itself :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy::queenie_falling_dying_dead:

Yes, I understand, but it boggles my mind her big comeback era resulted in the song peaking outside of the top 10 and not even gold within a short time frame for a big artist of Britney's caliber.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Frankie8 said:

Yes, I understand, but it boggles my mind her big comeback era resulted in the song peaking outside of the top 10 and not even gold within a short time frame for a big artist of Britney's caliber.

Because UK is very difficult to crack due to the population and high numbers, circus album sold more than 10M units in pure alone WW and must be sitting around 12M now with streams. But I do understand what you are saying, she sold good in Europe and Asia. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
56 minutes ago, Prachi said:

It's very difficult to sell in US as their number for certifications are high + their market is low only pure sales artist has done it new artists are only able to pull out single sales which isn't worth a dime! Plus she has 5.8M units of albums and she never even had a no 1 album charting there while Taylor had and still 3M album sales only. Circus song charted no 13 it's reaching this certification is an achievement in itself :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy::queenie_falling_dying_dead:

Conspiracy theory I want to believe is team con intentionally don’t want her to sell more and be on charts more…because if she hit number 1 over and over again they will be in limelight and more scrutiny. So with Britney Jean and Glory they moved her from limelight, bank on her with tours, and playing safe

  • Love 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Sourab Patodi said:

Conspiracy theory I want to believe is team con intentionally don’t want her to sell more and be on charts more…because if she hit number 1 over and over again they will be in limelight and more scrutiny. So with Britney Jean and Glory they moved her from limelight, bank on her with tours, and playing safe

It's not possible for UK, their charting system is very legit but with BJ and Glory her team and label didn't do anything to push not even play listing which is sad she loved Glory. 

Link to comment
8 hours ago, Frankie8 said:

Yes, I understand, but it boggles my mind her big comeback era resulted in the song peaking outside of the top 10 and not even gold within a short time frame for a big artist of Britney's caliber.

The UK has questionable taste at times. The fact Ed She-rat has been number 1 with some b grade The Weeknd rip off for 10 weeks is proof of this. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block