‘Circus’ is now certified Gold in the UK (400,000+ units). This is Britney’s 10th song to reach this milestone.

Moscow

1 minute ago, Frankie8 said:

Great! Just a tad late by almost 13 years. :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

It's very difficult to sell in US as their number for certifications are high + their market is low only pure sales artist has done it new artists are only able to pull out single sales which isn't worth a dime! Plus she has 5.8M units of albums and she never even had a no 1 album charting there while Taylor had and still 3M album sales only. Circus song charted no 13 it's reaching this certification is an achievement in itself :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy::queenie_falling_dying_dead:

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Prachi said:

It's very difficult to sell in US as their number for certifications are high + their market is low only pure sales artist has done it new artists are only able to pull out single sales which isn't worth a dime! Plus she has 5.8M units of albums and she never even had a no 1 album charting there while Taylor had and still 3M album sales only. Circus song charted no 13 it's reaching this certification is an achievement in itself :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy::queenie_falling_dying_dead:

Yes, I understand, but it boggles my mind her big comeback era resulted in the song peaking outside of the top 10 and not even gold within a short time frame for a big artist of Britney's caliber.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Frankie8 said:

Yes, I understand, but it boggles my mind her big comeback era resulted in the song peaking outside of the top 10 and not even gold within a short time frame for a big artist of Britney's caliber.

Because UK is very difficult to crack due to the population and high numbers, circus album sold more than 10M units in pure alone WW and must be sitting around 12M now with streams. But I do understand what you are saying, she sold good in Europe and Asia. 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Conspiracy theory I want to believe is team con intentionally don’t want her to sell more and be on charts more…because if she hit number 1 over and over again they will be in limelight and more scrutiny. So with Britney Jean and Glory they moved her from limelight, bank on her with tours, and playing safe

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Sourab Patodi said:

Conspiracy theory I want to believe is team con intentionally don’t want her to sell more and be on charts more…because if she hit number 1 over and over again they will be in limelight and more scrutiny. So with Britney Jean and Glory they moved her from limelight, bank on her with tours, and playing safe

It's not possible for UK, their charting system is very legit but with BJ and Glory her team and label didn't do anything to push not even play listing which is sad she loved Glory. 

2 hours ago, Prachi said:

It's not possible for UK, their charting system is very legit but with BJ and Glory her team and label didn't do anything to push not even play listing which is sad she loved Glory. 

It is. Just don’t promote album, issue fewer physical copies, don’t sent it to radios, etc.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Frankie8 said:

The UK has questionable taste at times. The fact Ed She-rat has been number 1 with some b grade The Weeknd rip off for 10 weeks is proof of this. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...