This Day in Pop: 'The Essential - Britney Spears' is released in 2013 (August 20)

3 hours ago, BoyDeChanel said:

I always found it's weird to include Out from Under and Hot as Ice, but not to include Born to Make You Happy, Don't Let Me Be the Last to Know... They could have also included S+M Remix on it.

I think this compilation was focused on singles released in the US which is why Born To Make You Happy, I Love Rock N Roll and Someday were missing and Overprotected was the Darkchild remix. I'm not sure about Don't Let Me Be the Last To Know as that WAS a single in the US, I guess they didn't put it on as it flopped.

1 hour ago, Isla said:

I think this compilation was focused on singles released in the US which is why Born To Make You Happy, I Love Rock N Roll and Someday were missing and Overprotected was the Darkchild remix. I'm not sure about Don't Let Me Be the Last To Know as that WAS a single in the US, I guess they didn't put it on as it flopped.

Yes, but Boys also flopped in the US, yet it was on the compilation :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

4 minutes ago, BoyDeChanel said:

Yes, but Boys also flopped in the US, yet it was on the compilation :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

Very true :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: it still charted on the bubbling under though (as did Not a Girl), because I think I remember a thread on here a while ago that suggested DLMBTLTK didn't chart on ANY Billboard component chart despite being a single in the US.

On 8/21/2021 at 6:07 PM, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I Love this set, it’s Fabulous, and it’s the Most Complete collection of her singles thus far in her career.  :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:  

Shout outs if you have the OG 2013 CD before her label cancelled it and re-released it a couple years later..  :bwink_britney_pepsi_wink_black_and_white_bw_flirt:   :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

LMAO why am I dead at ur positivity