Here are the performers at the 2021 VMAs: Doja Cat, Lil Nas X, Chloe, Normani and more

Clearly the best performer of the night was my girl "pitch correction software", because SHE really showed tf up tonight. 

ALL my other less relevant thoughts: 

Normani did well, but I wasn't blown away. The Janet homage was cute but performative bi***uality in 2021 is the furthest thing away from shocking.

I ship Lil Nas X and Jack Harlow. Something about them together just seemed real cute to me. Nas X should work on his facial expressions though, because some of them were just too damn goofy looking for the **** concept he was trying to pull off.

The Foo Fighters gave me war flashbacks of crying over one-sided crushes for white boys with tattoos and  problems. The performance was great though.

Speaking of which, MGK sings like he's doing a parody sketch of early 2000's pop punk. He should really fix that, or just go back to rapping cause wtf was that performance.

Chloe ate. If you disagree, then let's just agree to disagree.

Olivia Rodrigo has really grown on me over the year. I'm hoping she leans even more into her paramore influences because I personally love to see it.

Doja turned that mic all the way off. I wanted "get into it(yuh)" and that's not what she gave so im disappointed tbh.

Alicia Keys was flawless.

Them kids did not know any  Busta Rhymes songs, but he really represented for the old hiphop heads.

Kim Petras needs more impactful songs, but she served decent  performance and a SHARP windows peak.

Camila and Shawn are boring but  Mendes is still handsome I  guess.

Ed Sheeran was so boring he could've stayed home.

Justin Bieber and The kid Laroi(?) gave the worst performance of the night. I mean between that auto tuned mic and the hoodie I wouldn't have even known it was JB if it hadn't been announced.

I think that's everyone but if I missed something just know I made an effort to comment on every performance and if I forgot it was because the performance was that forgettable.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Normani, Camilla, Chloe, and Olivia did great! Even doja and Lil Nas X were very fun to watch. I'm so glad Olivia sang Good 4 U, this song is my favorite this year lol.

But like whatever happened to demanding the stage? Britney did the Oops performance at like 19? Probably its the new generation. Even Christina was epic back then. These girls are not even close...

• Love 1

Quite boring and my biggest disappointment was Normani, the song is meh. The performance was good but the ending was just OK, has been done before, nothing new. She needs to write her own history instead of doing references of many artists before her. Could have been a Janet performance.

I liked Lil Nas X, he is doing his own thing, sang live and seemed to enjoy a lot.

Doja cat was good but became boring after a minute.

I enjoyed Olivia Rodrigo's performance too, she was refreshing and had a lot of energy, sang live and it is not an easy song.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block