Do you care about critical acclaim/music critics?

• Super Mods

Not even 1%. Music critics judge music according to their own criteria (which i believe only highly educated people in art care about or even recognize). If the majority of people enjoy a song, then it's a good song, end of story. If it were a bad song, people wouldn't care for it. IDK why critics want to dictate our taste in music so badly.

Like I think WAP is a trash song, however, majority of people adore it. Should I go around convincing these people it is in fact a horrible song and they should never listen to it because its so bad? Ofc not, I'd be a fool to do so. 

Personal opinion is just that, an opinion. And same goes with these critics. So no,  IDGAF about what they say makes a good song or not. 

I'm gonna admit I do care unlike you holier than thou liars. Acting like you don't care is such a lame/boring take.

First of all, I don't have time to listen to every single release, especially if it's for people I don't follow closely, so I rely on reviewers I like to bring my attention to music I wouldn't otherwise care about. The key is to find music reviewers whose taste and point of view you align with.

Secondly, I like for music that I enjoy to receive the recognition it deserves and if doesn't that's upsetting. I'm a human not a robot.

11 hours ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

I'm gonna admit I do care unlike you holier than thou liars. Acting like you don't care is such a lame/boring take.

First of all, I don't have time to listen to every single release, especially if it's for people I don't follow closely, so I rely on reviewers I like to bring my attention to music I wouldn't otherwise care about. The key is to find music reviewers whose taste and point of view you align with.

Secondly, I like for music that I enjoy to receive the recognition it deserves and if doesn't that's upsetting. I'm a human not a robot.

Just because others think differently than you doesn't make them liars , and btw humans have different tastes , not everyone has to like the same music/albums etc ..... I really don't care and never look at the reviews I really don't see a reason to be upset about that 😂

I Do, I dont let it ruin albums for me but si enjoy reading reviews and discovering new music, I tend to check out very acclaimed albums to see what the hype is all about. Its always nice when some of ur favorite music gets acclaim, sadly always some artists will be snubbed or missunderstood. Every critic has a taste and Britney may not appeal to them and thats honestly fine. Some albums will always get lower ratings and there will always be a  group of people who rly like that album. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block