Pop royalty titles

Does anyone know who or when the origins of the official Pop royalty titles came into place? Meaning Mj- King, Madge-Queen, Britney-Princess.

I do know that fan bases names started after Gaga called her fans her little Monsters. Random and off point but I want to know how and when these titles went out, if known. 

As a Madonna stan ofc we know there wasnt any other female as impactful as she was so people started calling her the queen basically because she was one of a kind. About Britney it was almost similar to Madonna, her impact was so big but calling her "the queen of pop" was not only inappropriate because there was someone bigger than her in terms of success but because "princess" was a more suitable nickname because she was very young. 

Back then, it wasnt even about ranking them in a pop 'royalty' scale, they stood out by themselves without the need to be compared. Ofc comparisons have always been there among peers, Madonna, Janet, Cindy and Britney, Xtina, Beyonce, etc but I remember at the time, most people, if not everybody, agreed that they 2 (M and Brit) were on the lead of their respective generations. 

• Love 1