George Michael Billboard Top 10 Hits (Video)

GMFlop

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He’s the most underrated pop icon along with Janet these days. His Wham music is the catchiest pop music ever got before Max Martin. His breakout as a solo artist was quality on another level and he didn’t have to rely on shaming his music in the group because the melodies were always pop perfection. My favourite album of his is Older, SOOOOO good. :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

1 hour ago, boyinthemirror said:

He’s the most underrated pop icon along with Janet these days. His Wham music is the catchiest pop music ever got before Max Martin. His breakout as a solo artist was quality on another level and he didn’t have to rely on shaming his music in the group because the melodies were always pop perfection. My favourite album of his is Older, SOOOOO good. :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

What are your favourite singles from that album?

1 hour ago, GMFlop said:

What are your favourite singles from that album?

It’s very hard to choose but I think I’d go with Fastlove and Spinning the Wheel  :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

But I looove the deep cuts like Move On and especially It Doesn’t Really Matter. No wonder he was so proud of that body of work.

I seriously need to watch George Michael interviews to get to know him more, he was very eloquent and a sweetheart. But I get the vibe he really hated them in his later years. Media started to be very cruel to him probably since “that” happened.

2 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

It’s very hard to choose but I think I’d go with Fastlove and Spinning the Wheel  :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

But I looove the deep cuts like Move On and especially It Doesn’t Really Matter. No wonder he was so proud of that body of work.

I seriously need to watch George Michael interviews to get to know him more, he was very eloquent and a sweetheart. But I get the vibe he really hated them in his later years. Media started to be very cruel to him probably since “that” happened.

To me all the singles are excellent and it's no wonder that all of them went to top 3 spot in UK. Also the album outsold Faith on the rest of the world minus America for obvious reason.

You really should watch his interviews since he was very articulate on the things he said especially at the younger age. Also I love his accent.

What do you think about Listen Without Prejudice album?

56 minutes ago, GMFlop said:

To me all the singles are excellent and it's no wonder that all of them went to top 3 spot in UK. Also the album outsold Faith on the rest of the world minus America for obvious reason.

You really should watch his interviews since he was very articulate on the things he said especially at the younger age. Also I love his accent.

What do you think about Listen Without Prejudice album?

I'm (pleasantly) shocked about Older doing better than Faith everywhere except the US https://universe.absolutebritney.com/uploads/emoticons/default_bigshock.gif It's a way better album imo.

His accent is absolutely charming. I need to train my listening because it's hard for me to understand British people but it's easier with him for some reason. I'm also very curious about his greek background. :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

Listen Without Prejudice is my second favourite! It feels like a timeless album. Cowboys & Angels may be one of my favourite songs of him. The drastic change between Faith and Listen Without Prejudice is more impressive than the one between Wham! music and Faith to me. He really was trying to start anew to get rid of his Faith image. And the lyrics are much better too. What ever happened to Listen Without Prejudice Vol. 2? Was that scrapped because of the label issues with Sony, right? I would've loved to listen to it. Also his duets album... Omg. The collab with Janet would've been epic.

I love that it's so easy to tell he was all about the music. It's so sad his last studio album was Patience. I started to be a fan of his music in 2015 and I was really looking forward to see him live someday...

26 minutes ago, boyinthemirror said:

I'm (pleasantly) shocked about Older doing better than Faith everywhere except the US https://universe.absolutebritney.com/uploads/emoticons/default_bigshock.gif It's a way better album imo.

His accent is absolutely charming. I need to train my listening because it's hard for me to understand British people but it's easier with him for some reason. I'm also very curious about his greek background. :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

Listen Without Prejudice is my second favourite! It feels like a timeless album. Cowboys & Angels may be one of my favourite songs of him. The drastic change between Faith and Listen Without Prejudice is more impressive than the one between Wham! music and Faith to me. He really was trying to start anew to get rid of his Faith image. And the lyrics are much better too. What ever happened to Listen Without Prejudice Vol. 2? Was that scrapped because of the label issues with Sony, right? I would've loved to listen to it. Also his duets album... Omg. The collab with Janet would've been epic.

I love that it's so easy to tell he was all about the music. It's so sad his last studio album was Patience. I started to be a fan of his music in 2015 and I was really looking forward to see him live someday...

Listen without prejudice I think is his best album IMO. Cowboys and Angels would've no problem fitting on his Older album too. A long song but it's worth it. Mother's Pride is also a gem. 

Indeed. George was one of the masters when it comes on changing his music and image and should be celebrated. He had the balls to changed his image/sound at the top of his popularity just like Prince which I can't say the same thing with MJ who was stuck chasing Thriller and celebrity status.

A lot of artist complained about their fame without doing anything about it (Hi Katy) but George did and it costed his career in America.

LWP Vol.2 was indeed scrapped for obvious reason and I think some of the songs were already released such as his duet with Elton John and the songs he donated on Red Hot + Dance album. The whole thing with Sony really ****ed up his career trajectory along with his bf and mom dying and he never recovered from that.

Archived