Why does Lady Gaga always sounds drunk when she sings?

I like Gaga but ever since Joanne/A Star Is Born her voice sounds very weird

Gaga gives me drunk aunt at a wedding vibes

Drunk, VERY artsy aunt who lives in a loft and makes her own brooches, wears the same dress to every wedding, and suddenly starts bringing her adult son who she gave up for adoption but has recently reconnected with to every family gathering.

I think she sounded better in TFM/BTW eras, now she sounds kinda grating to the ear

I just realized what i don't like about Rain on me... It's Gaga's voice, her tone doesn't fit the song imo

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Stefani said:

Her voice has changed over time. Other than the fact that she's aging, there's also other factors to consider like her habit of smoking as well as the anti-depressants and pain medication that she's been taking in recent years. 

I've noticed her technique started to change for a more theatrical vibe after ARTPOP

But maybe it's smoking too idk

on ARTPOP her voice had a very light tone, kinda similar The Fame days, just listen to Aura and compare it to... Enigma from Chromatica, it's crazy how different she sounds now

I think she is forcing herself to sing like that since Cheek To Cheek maybe she thinks it makes her more unique

Archived