This Day in Britney's Life: April 21

april21.jpg.1673764ac8a78e339ab1911a05fb4dd8.jpg

On April 21, 2001, Britney Spears won the category of Favorite Female Singer at the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards.

Oops!... I Did It Again was also nominated for Favorite Song, but it lost to Baha Men's Who Let the Dogs Out?

On April 21, but in 2002, she was in Tokyo at the Barbie Awards Ceremony where she received an award for being considered a role model for women. The award was given to a woman who "realizes her dream'" like the dress-up doll Barbie.

007.jpg

002.jpg

011.jpg

015.jpg

020.jpg

She also received a traditional Japanese doll from the president of Bandai.

001.jpg

• Love 3

i read somewhere that our perception of time is related to how eventful or non eventful one's live is. so basically if all your days look the same, you feel like time moves fast as when you look back there are no memories that stand out and the memories blend together making it seem like no time passed. (quick perception of time passing)

but then when your life is very eventful you feel like time passes very slowly as most memories are "standouts" due to how different they all are.

this makes me wonder how 20+ years in the business feel like to her... imagine all the things she has seen, felt, talked about, like SO many things. i feel like she probably thinks she's been doing this for like 75 years. lol

what an eventful life she's had.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, nthenwkiss said:

i read somewhere that our perception of time is related to how eventful or non eventful one's live is. so basically if all your days look the same, you feel like time moves fast as when you look back there are no memories that stand out and the memories blend together making it seem like no time passed. (quick perception of time passing)

but then when your life is very eventful you feel like time passes very slowly as most memories are "standouts" due to how different they all are.

this makes me wonder how 20+ years in the business feel like to her... imagine all the things she has seen, felt, talked about, like SO many things. i feel like she probably thinks she's been doing this for like 75 years. lol

what an eventful life she's had.

I think in her case, I imagine, all the things she did, weren't that eventful as they were for us. I mean, since the very beginning she was already in Sweden, Singapore, then she did the mall tour, then with N Sync, then her own tour, then travel around the world again, that that was basically her life for the first three eras of her career, even on the In the Zone she was still travelling like crazy. So probably for her are more memorable the moments she got to be at home, which were probably very few, or just any other moment behind the scenes. 

In the past few years when she talks about BOTM for example, I think in 2016 she said "she was like 18" when she did that video, then in 2016 she thought it had happened like 10 years ago. So it seems like instead, it doesn't feel that long ago for her, but at the same time, she doesn't have very clear like every moment, or the chronology of it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think in her case, I imagine, all the things she did, weren't that eventful as they were for us. I mean, since the very beginning she was already in Sweden, Singapore, then she did the mall tour, then with N Sync, then her own tour, then travel around the world again, that that was basically her life for the first three eras of her career, even on the In the Zone she was still travelling like crazy. So probably for her are more memorable the moments she got to be at home, which were probably very few, or just any other moment behind the scenes. 

In the past few years when she talks about BOTM for example, I think in 2016 she said "she was like 18" when she did that video, then in 2016 she thought it had happened like 10 years ago. So it seems like instead, it doesn't feel that long ago for her, but at the same time, she doesn't have very clear like every moment, or the chronology of it.

yeah i see your point too, i think i was seeing it from our point of view rather than hers. im sure she's had so many iconic moments and conversations that she doesnt even remember, but there are moments we the fans treasure like crazy.

there's a saying that fits that scenario - i think it refers to parents watching their kids grow its something like: you probably wont remember the things i wont forget.

• Like 1