2NE1 Reunion In the Works - Park Bom Teases

• Super Mods
8 hours ago, MikeSim said:

Yeah. Teddy was an integral part of 2NE1 imo. None of the girls have impressed solo, or done well charting wise. The song will absolutely have to be a banger for it to actually do anything. One thing I’ve kind of learned that is unfortunate is that without these massive labels, a lot of these artists don’t hold up. Jessica Jung of girls generations music is SO boring without SM, which sucks because she was my bias for years. Tiffany is a flop without SM aswell. CL’s new solo stuff is boring, minzy’s was bland, Bom’s was nothing to write home about. Without Teddy idk what to expect. 

Bom nearly got an all kill for Spring though :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:she was #1 on nearly all korean charts :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

4 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Bom nearly got an all kill for Spring though :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:she was #1 on nearly all korean charts :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

It was better received than the other solo stuff outside of YG for sure, but it was nowhere near the impact of her other solos had while in YG. Those solo's took home tons of trophies, won her huge awards. 

I feel strange about 2NE1. I was about as big of a blackjack as a person could be. Started stanning in 2010, spent my entire savings to travel from Michigan to LA alone to see them in 2012 (I'm glad I did because they never came back lol) bought everything they released and went to war with Sone's constantly to defend their honor. I also at one point believed 2NE1 or CL alone had the absolute best chance at being the first Kpop stars to successfully trek into the US market. I never would have thought things would end up so badly for them. I just kind of lost faith since CL literally had every connection imaginable for her solo project. I waited for years for her to finally leave YG and get her stuff together, and she finally releases music and it just isn't what I was expecting at all. I was hoping Scooter would still want to work with her, but It seems like even he has moved on. I think it's just strange because I went from feeling like they could NEVER disappoint me, to being constantly disappointed. Who knows though. I remember the wait from their 2nd Mini album to Crush being PAINFUL. The day Crush came out I listened and actually started crying because I was SO happy they returned and did so perfectly. What a good album :)

On the subject of 2NE1 doing something together, isn't Dara still with YG? and YG legally owns the name 2NE1 and their entire catalogue don't they? I am curious as to what they could possibly do to get around that. Either way, I'll support them regardless. I don't feel the same way I did before, but I still buy every single/release anyway and silently wave my lightstick around because once a blackjack always a blackjack haha. 

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
11 hours ago, MikeSim said:

It was better received than the other solo stuff outside of YG for sure, but it was nowhere near the impact of her other solos had while in YG. Those solo's took home tons of trophies, won her huge awards. 

I feel strange about 2NE1. I was about as big of a blackjack as a person could be. Started stanning in 2010, spent my entire savings to travel from Michigan to LA alone to see them in 2012 (I'm glad I did because they never came back lol) bought everything they released and went to war with Sone's constantly to defend their honor. I also at one point believed 2NE1 or CL alone had the absolute best chance at being the first Kpop stars to successfully trek into the US market. I never would have thought things would end up so badly for them. I just kind of lost faith since CL literally had every connection imaginable for her solo project. I waited for years for her to finally leave YG and get her stuff together, and she finally releases music and it just isn't what I was expecting at all. I was hoping Scooter would still want to work with her, but It seems like even he has moved on. I think it's just strange because I went from feeling like they could NEVER disappoint me, to being constantly disappointed. Who knows though. I remember the wait from their 2nd Mini album to Crush being PAINFUL. The day Crush came out I listened and actually started crying because I was SO happy they returned and did so perfectly. What a good album :)

On the subject of 2NE1 doing something together, isn't Dara still with YG? and YG legally owns the name 2NE1 and their entire catalogue don't they? I am curious as to what they could possibly do to get around that. Either way, I'll support them regardless. I don't feel the same way I did before, but I still buy every single/release anyway and silently wave my lightstick around because once a blackjack always a blackjack haha. 

this is so wonderfully written :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:I feel you baby, I am literally the same. And never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined 2NE1 would just go down like that, they literally dominated the kpop scene. At one point, they became stronger than even SNSD (although sones lost their **** over this trying to deny it lol, good old days). 

And then, BOOM, disbandment. I think YG just decided to get rid of them and go with Blackpink, "the prettier 2ne1."The thing about YG that most people don't get, it is now 51% owned by chinese investors, hence why things are so **** in the label. Most of it is just corrupt chinese businessmen who use it to pump out money and that's all. Quite sad tbh....it was the best label back in the days :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 12:52 PM, BUWYGF said:

YG used the exact same formula for 2NE1 to create Blackpink. There's the badass rapper, the flowery and soft vocalist, the amazing dancer, and the face.

Who would those be in Blackpink and 2NE1?

And why did YG force 2NE1 to disband?

55 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Who would those be in Blackpink and 2NE1?

And why did YG force 2NE1 to disband?

The way I see it 
CL - Jennie
Minzy - Lisa
Bom - Rosé
Dara - Jisoo

Though there is some wiggle room there. I'd say the biggest change is that ALL of the members of Blackpink could easily be the face of the group considering they are all models for high end brands. I think the weak links are in different areas too. Bom struggled with dancing, where Rosé is honestly second to Lisa imo, but on the flip side Lisa's vocals aren't as good as Minzy's who was also the lead dancer of her group. 

The disbanding was a perfect storm of different things unfortunately.

1. Bom's **** scandal. She was basically forced into hiding since the South Korean general public hated her, and seen her as a '**** smuggler' 

2. Minzy leaving. While Bom was away the group wasn't doing much so they all kind of branched off to do solo stuff. CL worked on her stuff in the west, Dara modeled and acted, Bom was of course hiding... and Minzy was left to just sit there basically. She grew tired of this after a while and decline to resign when her contract was up. 

3. Lack of interest in Japan. Back in these days America seemed out of reach, so Kpop companies would focus on Japan. You can conquer South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam etc. but Japan was where the money was. 2nd Biggest music market in the world behind the US, so they would shoot their shot at making it in Japan aswell. Groups like Kara and Girls' Generation were absolutely MASSIVE in Japan, but sadly 2NE1 (and groups like f(x) ; - ;) did not get their footing in Japan. They tried and tried again, but something wasn't clicking for the Japanese public. I think YG basically seen other groups making it in Japan, and raking in way more cash and figured 2NE1 was 'defective' in a way because while being massive in SK, they were leaving no impression where it truly mattered for his wallet. 

4. Conflict of interest. With a new girl group on the way that was going to basically be the 'new 2NE1 with prettier faces' who were guaranteed to win over South Korea, and had more potential in Japan, it was quite obvious he was going to lock the rest of them in the basement. I think this is why he sabotaged CL's western debut. He was all for CL and her US debut until Blackpink debuted and the reaction from the West was massive.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
12 hours ago, itswwasheem***** said:

but could never be. While BP have WW successkill this love GIF by BLACKPINK

they could never get the natural bad*** attitude of 2NE1k-pop cl GIF

its true. I love and respect BP, but 2NE1 were literally the ONLY ones who actually had the badass attitude – not acting at all. The way they appeared on stage and music videos wasnt a show of act, it's who they were. The only artist I see managing this is Chung Ha, everybody else is just acting like it because that's not their natural character. 

I mean, even Bom who was the gentle vocalist managed to be badass either way because a part of her is a huge fighter (something she proved already). Love 2ne1 tbh

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block