Jessica Simpson on Britney Spears: "I admire her ambition, strength and the capability to live unapologetically and authentically."

On 3/25/2021 at 3:14 PM, IconicShow said:

Love Jessica and glad she’s speaking nicely of Britney it was never Britney’s fault she over shadowed Jessica’s  music career and slayed all the other girls in her era! Jessica’s label was more to blame for trying to get her to copy Britney’! 

I always find it interesting. If you watch very early interviews with Jessica, she sort of winces when people compare her to Britney... and tries to draw more parallels with Christina. Then once she met Britney, she would gush about how much she loves her and how hard she works. I think it shows the power of Brit to win people over with her sweet personality. 

4 minutes ago, caliboy84 said:

I always find it interesting. If you watch very early interviews with Jessica, she sort of winces when people compare her to Britney... and tries to draw more parallels with Christina. Then once she met Britney, she would gush about how much she loves her and how hard she works. I think it shows the power of Brit to win people over with her sweet personality. 

Plus Christina gained a negative reputation at the time and was allegedly  to a lot of people from Mary J to Britney to many folks that claim xtina had a very nasty attitude 

• Love 1

I don't wanna be mean but it bothers me that celebs think britneys situation is about people commenting bad things on her like on every other celebrity, it makes the movement seem like we're a bunch of kpop stans who don't want anyone to say anything bad about britney. This is a whole different thing, she's being used by her family.  It's like the only thing celebs can retain out of the documentary is what has something to do with them and nothing specific about that particular situation. 

34 minutes ago, Richie said:

I don't wanna be mean but it bothers me that celebs think britneys situation is about people commenting bad things on her like on every other celebrity, it makes the movement seem like we're a bunch of kpop stans who don't want anyone to say anything bad about britney. This is a whole different thing, she's being used by her family.  It's like the only thing celebs can retain out of the documentary is what has something to do with them and nothing specific about that particular situation. 

??? First of all, no one is obligated to say anything, especially under a circumstance like this when a documentary is considered 'unauthorized.'

Second, when a celebrity speaks up, it's their discretion to do so. Because many celebrities also go through a level of scrutiny and hardship that 99% of the world will never know or understand, it isn't fair to say their opinion doesn't count. It's not a competition or matter of WHO had it worse/harder but a matter of human empathy and I don't see anything wrong with other celebrities voicing their opinion. It's not like what Jessica said was bad but rather kind and uplifting. Not to mention, there is a strong psychological and sociological aspect that many see in Britney's story which can be considered relatable for many. 

Reality is we will never know the unfiltered truth unless it's coming from the party itself; in this case Britney. It won't be until she releases an unfiltered documentary or memoir, if she chooses to someday, that the general public will then able to fully process the information presented. Remember, there is a lot we don't know and while there are plenty of court documents, there are also hundreds of theories that may or may not hold any validity. Again -- empathy, compassion and understanding can go a long way. Celebrities understand what it's like to have false information spread. The last thing they want to do is fall victim for doing that which is why I emphasize the importance of Britney speaking up, hopefully someday.

I like Jessica and I loved her book! But I am tired of celebs saying they went through such a similar experience ... no they didn’t. Except for maybe Amanda Bynes, no one else lost all their rights. 

I feel like a lot of people think the point of the documentary was to show how hard it is to be in the spotlight and to be gossiped about in the tabloids.

They seem to miss the far bigger issue: the freakin 12 year conservatorship that took away her civil liberties. Britney freakin lost her rights as a mom. She barely gets to see her kids. She can’t drive or pick her own lawyer or doctor.

That is a Britney’s experience and no Jessica, you have *not* lived it. 

• Like 1