Rosie O'Donnell highly praises Britney and drags her parents in a new interview

Rosie always gave Britney a hard time about her clothing. On Britney’s second tour Rosie did a special on it. She was to introduce Britney on opening night and Britney picked out an outfit for Rosie to wear since she always gave her a hard time. Rosie was not happy about it and only wore some of it. I just never really got the vibe that rosies motherly act with Britney was genuine. 

I used to LOVE watching Britney on the Rosie show back in the day.  They always got a long and she always brought awesome performances too.  She was one of the OG stans.

She became kinda toxic later on though over the years, but it seems she's better now.

:) 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I guess it's nice she expresses like that about Britney, however I'll always have mixed feelings towards her. That "motherly" interest she had on Britney back in the day, I think most of it was very inappropriate. The interviewer here says she remembers how "she joked" about her scolding her for her "revealing" outfits, particularly the time her nipples showed through the outfit, but that wasn't a joke, she was very serious about it in a very obsessive way. She wasn't any different than all those prudish people complaining about every single thing Britney did. It wasn't just a joke she had with Britney, she went as far as to comment on the matter of Britney's outfit while interviewing Mariah (who defended Britney btw). 

In a way she was reinforcing this idea that Britney had to dress up and behave like a 10 year old girl, because she had 10 year old fans, despite her already being a young adult, the idea that teenagers can't explore nor express their ***uality, especially if they're women. 

Deff agree on the mixed feelings towards her as well

• Like 1
3 hours ago, PZHSB said:

Rosie always gave Britney a hard time about her clothing. On Britney’s second tour Rosie did a special on it. She was to introduce Britney on opening night and Britney picked out an outfit for Rosie to wear since she always gave her a hard time. Rosie was not happy about it and only wore some of it. I just never really got the vibe that rosies motherly act with Britney was genuine. 

Always gave me a vibe she actually "wanted" her 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 4
16 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I guess it's nice she expresses like that about Britney, however I'll always have mixed feelings towards her. That "motherly" interest she had on Britney back in the day, I think most of it was very inappropriate. The interviewer here says she remembers how "she joked" about her scolding her for her "revealing" outfits, particularly the time her nipples showed through the outfit, but that wasn't a joke, she was very serious about it in a very obsessive way. She wasn't any different than all those prudish people complaining about every single thing Britney did. It wasn't just a joke she had with Britney, she went as far as to comment on the matter of Britney's outfit while interviewing Mariah (who defended Britney btw). 

In a way she was reinforcing this idea that Britney had to dress up and behave like a 10 year old girl, because she had 10 year old fans, despite her already being a young adult, the idea that teenagers can't explore nor express their ***uality, especially if they're women. 

She has a point tho? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: I mean, isnt it wrong to wear what Britney wore as a 17 year old performing in Nickelodeon Awards which had 10-12 year olds attending the show? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: it's not to be ***ist, because I too would have a problem with a male teenager doing what she did that night , but it is just quite uncomfy so she does have a reason ya know? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

8 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

She has a point tho? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: I mean, isnt it wrong to wear what Britney wore as a 17 year old performing in Nickelodeon Awards which had 10-12 year olds attending the show? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: it's not to be ***ist, because I too would have a problem with a male teenager doing what she did that night , but it is just quite uncomfy so she does have a reason ya know? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

I'm sorry but I don't understand why people can see shirtless men everywhere but are so offended even if a female isn't wearing a bra. It's just a nipple, just like men also have. It's not like she was showing her **** to kids, her nipple was only hard bc of weather or whatever. I never saw as a big deal even when I was a kid myself back then, people acted as if she flashed her ******* to a 6 years old or smt. Imo as usual, the thing just blew out of proportion bc USA like being prude/***ist for no reason and that was Britney. 

5 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Well, I don't agree there's anything wrong with the human body, and it's not like she was topless or anything, in fact, besides the midriff, it was a pretty conservative outfit, but I guess it's a cultural thing (I grew up watching so much worse things here in Mexico). 

But in any case, that wasn't the only occasion she criticized her outfits, she also complained about some outfit she wore at the AMA's 2000 and I think there were more instances after that. 

If she really had a motherly interest in here, she would've expressed her concerns off camera, as a friendly advice, but not on national television, putting her in an awkward situation, or complaining about her with other artists. 

• Like 4
On 3/26/2021 at 2:32 PM, Bundy said:

I'm sorry but I don't understand why people can see shirtless men everywhere but are so offended even if a female isn't . It's just a nipple, just like men also have. It's not like she was showing her  to kids, her nipple was only hard bc of weather or whatever. I never saw as a big deal even when I was a kid myself back then, people acted as if she flashed her  to a 6 years old or smt. Imo as usual, the thing just blew out of proportion bc USA like being prude/***ist for no reason and that was Britney. 

And that is my point bestie :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: If a male teenager did something like that, I would equally be against it. Its just that she was a teenager and it was absolutely absurd :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

8 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

And that is my point bestie :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching: If a male teenager did something like that, I would equally be against it. Its just that she was a teenager and it was absolutely absurd :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

No one gets offended seeing boys nipples tho

and her nipples were only hard, it's not like u could actually see them, so I still don't agree with all the backlash she got only bc she wasn't wearing a bra and the weather got cold or whatever? I just don't think women have to wear bra all the time only bc people are so offended by women's nipples, that's it. 

On 3/25/2021 at 3:02 PM, torontofan said:

I actually think the mental health aspect is just as important. No, we don’t know her diagnosis if any, but the reality is that there probably is one. And the point is.. so what?! If her mental health hasn’t kept her from doing her job all these years, then why does she need a conservatorship? If everyone with a mental illness needed a conservatorship then soooooo many people would have them! So why does Britney? It was a temporary thing that likely saved her life but why does she still need it? Likely money... 😡

Tons of celebrities have mental illnesses e.g Demi, Justin, Kanye, Lindsay, etc. No need for the conservatorship! I totally agree