Rosie O'Donnell highly praises Britney and drags her parents in a new interview

37 minutes ago, torontofan said:

I actually think the mental health aspect is just as important. No, we don’t know her diagnosis if any, but the reality is that there probably is one. And the point is.. so what?! If her mental health hasn’t kept her from doing her job all these years, then why does she need a conservatorship? If everyone with a mental illness needed a conservatorship then soooooo many people would have them! So why does Britney? It was a temporary thing that likely saved her life but why does she still need it? Likely money... 😡

I disagree it’s like that woman said at the rally when Raven was talking reckless about mental health people aren’t educating themselves on this C Ship. Mental health isn’t a ticket to a C ship people need to stop trying to be doctors and learn about the restraints Brit is under! 

These celebs are talking about mental health as if they’ve treated or diagnosed Britney it gives me creepy Dr. Drew tease! 

At this last rally is was pointed out people need to learn about C ships not trying to diagnose folks!

• Love 3
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, IconicShow said:

Nice of Rosie But people need to stop talking about the mental illness and talk about the conservatorship again these people have not treated Britney nor has she been diagnosed to where people can actually say she has a mental illness nobody really knows for sure unless you’re Britney’s  doctor or psychiatrist or have access to her medical records!

I agree with what @torontofan said above. Like, I get where you're coming from, but to deny that there is mental health issues at this point isn't productive in any way, and to me it just comes across like people don't want to acknowledge it because it's this taboo, negative thing, and it's really not. It should be talked about openly and acknowledged and should absolutely NOT be justification to continue this ridiculous conservatorship. It's true, we don't know the details, but there's undoubtedly some mental health stuff going on there that she (and countless others) deal with.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, David Rose said:

I agree with what @torontofan said above. Like, I get where you're coming from, but to deny that there is mental health issues at this point isn't productive in any way, and to me it just comes across like people don't want to acknowledge it because it's this taboo, negative thing, and it's really not. It should be talked about openly and acknowledged and should absolutely NOT be justification to continue this ridiculous conservatorship. It's true, we don't know the details, but there's undoubtedly some mental health stuff going on there that she (and countless others) deal with.

How can a mental issue be discussed if we have no idea what it is? Dementia was claimed in court docs and we know that was a lie! Using mental Healy as an excuse for a c ship is unacceptable!

Im not sure how anyone that doesn’t have access to Britney’s medial records or have treated her can try to pin point a mental illness! It’s irresponsible when we have zero confirmation as to what medically Britney is dealing with!

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I know that I posted this story in another thread, but every time I see that image of Britney on Rosie's show in 1999, I can't help but think of the close encounter that I could have had with Britney. 

Here's the story in case you didn't see it before:

So the guests of Rosie's talk show stayed at Parker Meridian hotel. Back in 1999 when my Grandpa got remarried I was staying with my family at that hotel. That week, Britney was a guest on Rosie's show and staying at that hotel. Sadly, I never saw her. Oh, well. It's still a fun little story I like to tell people from time to time.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, IconicShow said:

How can a mental issue be discussed if we have no idea what it is? Dementia was claimed in court docs and we know that was a lie! Using mental Healy as an excuse for a c ship is unacceptable!

Im not sure how anyone that doesn’t have access to Britney’s medial records or have treated her can try to pin point a mental illness! It’s irresponsible when we have zero confirmation as to what medically Britney is dealing with!

Nobody is discussing a specific diagnosed issue though, at least not in this case. Rosie even said she didn't specifically know what was up. Just because the topic of mental health is brought up, doesn't mean it's an excuse for her circumstances, in fact its quite the opposite. Rosie said she too deals with mental health issues - is she in a cship? Obviously not. Just merely bringing it up isn't necessarily using it to justify anything. Mental health doesn't need to be this hush hush thing that people should be ashamed of and I get the sense from a lot of Britney fans that they treat it as such (not necessarily you specifically, but in general).

• Love 3

There is definitely mental issues there, but shes been though stuff no one but her and whoever else knows about. She will never be the old Britney you all are hoping for after this conservatorship. A lot of people here think the conservatorship is gonna make her like bam a better person but she wont you can tell something is wrong and she wont ever be the same Britney again sorry for those who think other wise. 

• Like 1