Which is bigger in pop culture: Toxic Vs Bad Romance Vs BOMT Vs Pokerface

JP9101

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

BOMT was so huge that if people even asks this question they were probably not even born when it came out. Pokerface was just a hit. Britney was everywhere and it wasn’t just about the song being a global mega hit, it was the controversy over the video and her as person as well. Nobody made that much fuss over poker face in that way, it wasn’t new, chocking and groundbreaking like BOMT. People said “here is a Madonna look a like” about Lady Gaga. Now I know that she is her own artist and this isn’t true, but it was common. Nobody said that about BOMT and the video of Britney dancing dressed as a schoolgirl, it was completely new and chocking. I am sure Gaga got plenty of fame, radio time etc. But obviously Britney was bigger and more of a catalysator for everyone that followed.

Yall seem pretty biased :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Pokerface and dated don't go in the same line, that intro alone makes people realize what song they are hearing. It's just THAT iconic. Also, Pokerface was not just a hit, it was ONE of the biggest pop hits of the 00s and revived the pop scene by itself and catapulted Lady Gaga into the type of superstardom, fame and recognition which nearly came up to Britney's peak :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: 

Anyways, my ranking would be Toxic > BOMT > Bad Romance > Pokerface is the only right answer and we will deal :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

58 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Yall seem pretty biased :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Pokerface and dated don't go in the same line, that intro alone makes people realize what song they are hearing. It's just THAT iconic. Also, Pokerface was not just a hit, it was ONE of the biggest pop hits of the 00s and revived the pop scene by itself and catapulted Lady Gaga into the type of superstardom, fame and recognition which nearly came up to Britney's peak :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: 

Anyways, my ranking would be Toxic > BOMT > Bad Romance > Pokerface is the only right answer and we will deal :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Toxic and BOMT are sonically better as well, have catchier melodies and hold more replay value.  :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead: 

1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

:ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle: HAHAHAHA

6 minutes ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

Pokerface and dated don't go in the same line, that intro alone makes people realize what song they are hearing. It's just THAT iconic. Also, Pokerface was not just a hit, it was ONE of the biggest pop hits of the 00s and revived the pop scene

I was like 7 at that time and I remember these times and it wasn't THAT iconic, sweetheart, it was more like everyone thought she was a crazy, sick, unpredictable b tch :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: and the whole hype around her was because of this, nothing soo iconic on Britney's level 

2 hours ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

:ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle: HAHAHAHA

2 hours ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

I was like 7 at that time and I remember these times and it wasn't THAT iconic, sweetheart, it was more like everyone thought she was a crazy, sick, unpredictable :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: and the whole hype around her was because of this, nothing soo iconic on Britney's level 

I would like to disagree with yr opinion. The shock factor was the biggest factor to shooting Gaga to the superstardom she had in her peak, but it was also her unique and genre-bending music that carried along with it. Pokerface received massive acclaim from not only the critics, but GP as well and it clearly reflected when it became one of the biggest selling singles of that decade and one of the highest highest selling female singles of all time.  Her fame and recognition was the last time we saw such attraction for a celebrity and at her peak, she was pretty close yet veryyy far away from Britney's peak type of fame, but she still was mad famous.

poker face and bad romance were fkn huge back then, but i feel like people don't really listen to that kind of music anymore in 2021 ...  it sounds too much like what was trendy in 2008. It was still a very fun time tho. It was epic.

toxic seems more fresh and timeless. toxic didn't sound like anything on the radio back in 2004, which is why it sounds more timeless, toxic didn't rely on trends.

BOMB sounds very 90s but for some weird reason it's still fresher than PR and BR.

Archived