Taylor Swift's 'Fearless (Taylor's Version)' OUT NOW!

3 hours ago, Marcanthony said:

Omg im listening to BREATHE

And we know it's never simple, never easy Never a clean break, no one here to save me you're the only thing I know like the back of my hand

YASSSS TAYLOR SWIFT 

wig gifs Page 3 | WiffleGif

Her vocals sound so much more mature on that song and it’s so gorgeous :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Love 2

A lot of people are wondering why she did this, and why she didn't change them up?

Have all your opinions on Taylor you want, but ultimately, someone who actively tried to sabotage her career when it was already in a rough spot bought rights to music who had input in to spite Taylor, benefit from her career, and continue to sabotage her as it would affect her performances and touring, and the only options he gave her were "deal with it!" Or "agree not to make public statements before we even enter negotiations". 

Ultimately, she did something that she had a right to do as a writer.

Why did she keep them the same? Because it was never about reimagining them, it was about making sure Braun lost control over her music and life's work.

Taylor, once again, wins.

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

A lot of people are wondering why she did this, and why she didn't change them up?

Have all your opinions on Taylor you want, but ultimately, someone who actively tried to sabotage her career when it was already in a rough spot bought rights to music who had input in to spite Taylor, benefit from her career, and continue to sabotage her as it would affect her performances and touring, and the only options he gave her were "deal with it!" Or "agree not to make public statements before we even enter negotiations". 

Ultimately, she did something that she had a right to do as a writer.

Why did she keep them the same? Because it was never about reimagining them, it was about making sure Braun lost control over her music and life's work.

Taylor, once again, wins.

Didn't he sold these? Does it mean he has nothing from them except the money the buyers paid to get these masters?

Imagine hating the album which is essentially a celebration for fans for the fact that she now owns her own work.

If you hate Taylor, then go about your own business. Cause this is literally not about making you happy. Right now, it just looks like she makes you super pressed for no reason. And honestly, it’s not a good look. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Anyways, stream Fearless (Taylor’s Version) :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

• Love 4
  • Like 2
Just now, InTheZone4Life said:

Imagine hating the album which is essentially a celebration for fans for the fact that she now owns her own work.

If you hate Taylor, then go about your own business. Cause this is literally not about making you happy. Right now, it just looks like she makes you super pressed for no reason. And honestly, it’s not a good look. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Anyways, stream Fearless (Taylor’s Version) :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

Dragging my partner to get the Target physical copy 

Taylor Swift Hair Flip GIF by MOODMAN

• Love 3

Here's my thoughts on the From the Vault songs:

You All Over Me - can't believe I was sceptical over this one at first dddd. It's so gorgeous sounding, Taylor and Maren's voices blend together on the chorus so well. I still can't believe I stayed up till 4am UK time to listen to this song (before the UK's clocks went forward for the year) as it was first released but it was worth it. 

Mr Perfectly Fine - such a dreamy bawp! I love the key change in the final chorus too.

We Were Happy - reminds me of White Horse a bit, it's a cute little ballad. 

That's When - this is so lush sounding :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:, Keith sounds really good on this one too! 

Don't You - another atmospheric country bawp! I love the vibe of all of these songs sooo much.

Bye Bye Baby -  I feel like this song could make a good single, it has potential! A very catchy chorus.

Honestly these For the Vault songs sound amazing. I wasn't sure about the updated production due to them being rerecordings but Taylor has made them sound modern and straight out of 2008 (you can tell they are from the original Fearless recording sessions) at the same time. 

I haven't heard the rerecordings of all the original tracks just yet but TELL ME WHY WAS AMAZING!!!!! Okay I do think the intro sounds a bit more punchier on the original version but they did a good job with this rerecording. Time to give this underrated bawp the love it deserves. 

Edited by Isla
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, JustLuvMe07 said:

Didn't he sold these? Does it mean he has nothing from them except the money the buyers paid to get these masters?

Long story short, he did sell them but he still gains from them.

He offered to sell them back to Taylor but it was a very shady deal on his half, and ultimately meant that Taylor couldn't rerecord and rerelease music, but also, not own her masters.

low and behold, she turned this down and he sold them onto a group called Shamrock, I believe. This was another shady move on his part, because he knew that Taylor intended on the re-releases, and that the older ones would lose their value, both commercial and with fans.

They contacted Taylor and her people to find an agreement, and they did begin talks in good faith but upon entering the talks and examining contracts etc. The deal Braun made with Shamrock not only saw him gain the millions that came with purchasing the masters, but he still gained from the sales and streams of the music, so Taylor ultimately declined on the basis that she did not want Braun making money off her life's work.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block