Ok but where are all these A list me too celebrities

JP9101

13 minutes ago, mannequin19 said:

i think the #MeToo movement is vastly different from britney's conservatorship.

99.9% of women, at some point or another, will be able to relate to being s*xually harassed in their workplace (or anywhere really.) it is an experience that transcends race, age, ***uality, and class. 

britney's conservatorship, however...is a situation very unique to her/hollywood. the only other people who can relate to her situation are the elderly (and amanda bynes), so getting people to feel a special connection to the free britney movement is difficult. while tons of celebrities have family and friends ready to exploit them, the likelihood of something like this happening to them is very low. both britney and amanda are very famous and had very public breakdowns, something most celebrities don't experience, especially to that scale.

i'm not saying that celebrities SHOULDN'T speak out, they absolutely should, but it kinda rubs me the wrong way to compare these two movements. they are VERY different so of course they are being treated differently by everyone. it is much easier to spread awareness and get justice for something basically every woman experiences instead of something that is happening to one woman

I know they're different I did say that :) I just meant that even how vastly different they are, the cases are both still abuse within the system and the industry.

Of course, sadly so, there are so many instances of #MeToo that there's more support as there are more relatable cases (as much as I wish there wasn't :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime: WE JUST WANT PEACE ON EARTH IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK? :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:) but they're all humans, you'd think they all would have empathy and speak out and support a fellow star, or you know Britney Spears who is/was an idol for a lot of them.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, IconicShow said:

I agree and glad you seen that with Monique, I think someday Oprah and Tyler Perry will be exposed as well she went through so much heartache and being black balled. The money is very powerful and folks won't utter a word if their career is in jeopardy. Which is why so many sit in silence and watch these folks be hung to dry alone, then one comes out after the other. 

If only they realized, no ones career would be damaged if they collectively come out in support of one another. Strength in numbers but with facts :holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise:

2 hours ago, mannequin19 said:

i think the #MeToo movement is vastly different from britney's conservatorship.

99.9% of women, at some point or another, will be able to relate to being s*xually harassed in their workplace (or anywhere really.) it is an experience that transcends race, age, ***uality, and class. 

britney's conservatorship, however...is a situation very unique to her/hollywood. the only other people who can relate to her situation are the elderly (and amanda bynes), so getting people to feel a special connection to the free britney movement is difficult. while tons of celebrities have family and friends ready to exploit them, the likelihood of something like this happening to them is very low. both britney and amanda are very famous and had very public breakdowns, something most celebrities don't experience, especially to that scale.

i'm not saying that celebrities SHOULDN'T speak out, they absolutely should, but it kinda rubs me the wrong way to compare these two movements. they are VERY different so of course they are being treated differently by everyone. it is much easier to spread awareness and get justice for something basically every woman experiences instead of something that is happening to one woman

yes but also no..

everyone experiences mental health, and on a larger case this conship means that anyone can be trapped and stripped from their human rights in a moment of weakness

im not from the us so the law is different here but if i were it sure would scare me

19 hours ago, lili_ballet said:

yes but also no..

everyone experiences mental health, and on a larger case this conship means that anyone can be trapped and stripped from their human rights in a moment of weakness

im not from the us so the law is different here but if i were it sure would scare me

only for women who have money. there's 0 benefit to trapping regular people in conservatorships if they struggle with mental health (unless they truly cannot care for themselves) because there is no money that can be made from it

Archived