Unusual You (The 5th Circus single)?

Lonely2001

EDIT: SO GUYS WE HAVE CAME TO A CONCLUSSION THAT UNUSUAL YOU HAD NO PHYSICAL COPYES! IT WAS NOT AN OFFICIAL SINGLE! IT WAS A RADIO-ONLY SINGLE IN AUSTRALIA!

So the next quesstionable single is a beautiful ballad from the album Circus: Unusual You! This one is so mystirious, here is some info that I found:
- Allegedly the single was released on the 15th of September 2009 only in Australia and NZ. It's B-side is Shattered Glass.
- I have read a lot of reviews and some of them claim that the physical single is fake, while fiew of them said that they went to a store and bought the CD single.
- Some people say that it was released as a radio single in Australia & NZ, but that all copyes are fake.
- So the main pages that claim that are these Hung Medien pages and all of them have this single as official (myb because they share data). For example here is a German one:

https://hitparade.ch/song/Britney-Spears/Unusual-You-532732

And here is the Australian:

https://australian-charts.com/showitem.asp?interpret=Britney+Spears&titel=Unusual+You&cat=s

A lot of people say that they are pretty accurate (The only false thing I found is All That She Wants & IFSFWY on Britneys songs page but they weren't any released versions of those songs).

I've tryed to find more pages that claim that it's official so I went to Discogs and there are a lot of versions that say that it's unofficial, while this one it doesn't say that:

https://www.discogs.com/Britney-Spears-Unusual-You/release/1936757

Even if it says that it's unofficial, it doesn't need to be true because for TWYTM it also says that it's unofficial and we know that isn't true.

I think that the only people who can help to find out if this physical single is official are the ones from Australia & NZ. Did anyone from there ever saw this release in stores?

So guys here is the supposed booklet:

5dnbM.jpg

5dw1t.jpg
And here is the front artwork:
5df7h.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, derriereondisplay said:

I doubt this is official. The artwork doesnt match with how the australian releases during the Circus era were made. The disc doesnt come with the trademark infos, the "Made in AUS" is not something you can found in the official releases and the bar code is in the US pattern, not the australian.

Thank you so much for your reply! I appreciate it so much. So this is 99% fake? If the physical copy is fake than Unusual You was only a radio single, not an official one. Thank you again! If you have time would you mind if I send you something similar in private message?

6 minutes ago, Lonely2001 said:

Thank you so much for your reply! I appreciate it so much. So this is 99% fake? If the physical copy is fake than Unusual You was only a radio single, not an official one. Thank you again! If you have time would you mind if I send you something similar in private message?

Dont worry, i use to be a huge collector back them so I am 100% sure this is fake. I do think it was a radio single but not an official single with physical release to the stores. If it have any promo single, im sure it is none of them. Sure, you can send me a PM.

1 minute ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

The B-Army wanted it to be a single and kind of demanded it so I really believe that in some fans minds they made it a single :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

I don’t recall anything circulating that it was a radio single or anything. 

Well at least we now know that it wasn't an official. Lol

2 hours ago, Lonely2001 said:

And here is the front artwork:
5df7h.jpg

The cover itself is fake, it was posted on Coverlandia back in 2009

https://coverlandia.blogspot.com/2008/12/britney-spears-circus-singles-era.html

Now, people back then were definitely claiming to have heard the song in both Australia AND France but as has been pointed out before they were probably minor radio stations that took requests from their listeners

1 hour ago, Isla said:

So that artwork was fake then?? Ddd I'm pretty sure Wikipedia used it at one point but they're using what I believe to be fanmade artwork for It Should Be Easy.

I never saw it as an official single anyways. 

Yeah, Unusual You artwork is fanmade. And the ISBE cover on wiki is fanmade too, but it wasn't an official single. It just recieved promotional remix package and the artwork for those remixes is the one that I posted on one of my latest threads. 🙂

51 minutes ago, Lonely2001 said:

Yeah, Unusual You artwork is fanmade. And the ISBE cover on wiki is fanmade too, but it wasn't an official single. It just recieved promotional remix package and the artwork for those remixes is the one that I posted on one of my latest threads. 🙂

Oh I see, lol not sure why Wikipedia is using fanmade artwork then dd

Archived