BTS had the highest selling single of 2020

Per Forbes BTS’ single Dynamite is the highest selling single of 2020 (In the U.S). They also claimed the number four spot with Savage Love Remix & number eight spot with Life Goes On. Did any of your favs make the list? :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

1. BTS - “Dynamite”

2. Megan Thee Stallion, Beyonce - “Savage”/remix

3. Cardi B, Megan Thee Stallion - “WAP”

4. Jawsh685, Jason Derulo, BTS - “Savage Love”/remix

5. DaBaby, Roddy Ricch - “ROCKSTAR”

6. Justin Bieber, Quavo - “Intentions”

7. Luke Bryan - “One Margarita”

8. BTS - “Life Goes On”

9. Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande - “Rain On Me”

10. AJR - “Bang!”bts-dynamite.jpg.647014bed5177f1ded019f24fed36ce0.jpg

• Love 2
11 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

My mans Luke Bryan made the list :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad: so sad couldn’t drink one margarita, two margarita, three margarita shot on the beach this year :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

I haven’t heard any of his music :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

9 hours ago, GMFlop said:

Amazing feat from a foreign boyband. I'm glad that they blocked Megan and Cardi B from the top spot. 

I have yet to listen to any of their music :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

1 hour ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

‘Intentions’? What the ****?

I was actually thinking the same thing :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

• Haha 1

Its crazy how much of a decline in sales music has seen...

“Unsurprisingly, “Dynamite” tops the list of 2020 U.S. song downloads. The infectious disco-pop single exploded to the top of the Billboard Hot 100 and Digital Song Sales chart in its first week with a staggering 265,000 downloads, by far the biggest sales week for any song this year. The track reigned atop the Digital Song Sales chart for nine consecutive weeks and returned to No. 1 for a 10th week in November, making it the only song of 2020 to accomplish such a feat. “Dynamite” also obliterated streaming recordsupon its release and has sold over 2.5 million units in the United States.“

I am pretty sure singles used to sell around 3-4 million in a year (for a top 10 or possibly #1). I think Katy sold 5m+ per single during the TD era :janet_jackson_chewing_eating_food:

Streaming is the new way to consume music. I wonder if labels will eventually stop selling singles? 

• Love 1

BTS accomplishments (TWO songs in the top ten, and they are not even from the US...) are incredible, but the true star here is Megan, being in the second and third place. One is a feature but both combined I'm sure that outwin BTS in sales.

PS: In my heart, Britney buried them all underground with "Mood Ring" and "Swimming in the Stars" and "Matches" :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

20 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

10. AJR - “Bang!”bts-dynamite.jpg.647014bed5177f1ded019f24fed36ce0.jpg

Wha....Wh.... Who are they? :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what: I just googled and listened the song for the first time ever. I need explanations.

17 hours ago, Stefani said:

Bey coming in 2nd place during her break. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad: When will Dua and Ari.

Of course, she's the biggest opportunist ever. She must've been laying down one day and heard the most trending song (like everyone with an internet connection) and it happened to be by a black woman so she asked her assistant(s) to make calls and Megan freaked out and obviously said yes to the feature, most probably written by someone else, and that's it, a smash for Beyoncé. Justin Bieber did the same with "Despacito" and "Bad Guy". I pray to be alive the day one upcoming artist REJECTS a feature from a superstar for whatever reason, artistic or personal, and even if they are fans, but exercising their power as authors/singers and not simply fangirling or giving up under pressure.

• Love 1

Please don't slap me for asking this question but..... Are these sales of DIGITAL SINGLES? So from iTunes and such? I don't get it... Physical singles are not sold (or even made??) since a long time ago, and at the same time why would anyone buy a song when you can stream it? And I'm asking this question when I still buy physical CDs as my main (and most enjoyable) way of listening to music. I get buying a CD because it comes with the whole album and the graphic art printed in the booklet, but a wav/mp3 file? What? Am I missing something here? Please be nice haha

• Love 1
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Please don't slap me for asking this question but..... Are these sales of DIGITAL SINGLES? So from iTunes and such? I don't get it... Physical singles are not sold (or even made??) since a long time ago, and at the same time why would anyone buy a song when you can stream it? And I'm asking this question when I still buy physical CDs as my main (and most enjoyable) way of listening to music. I get buying a CD because it comes with the whole album and the graphic art printed in the booklet, but a wav/mp3 file? What? Am I missing something here? Please be nice haha

No, you are fine. Its slightly confusing now because they include streams + sales, but from what I understand these are digital sales only. I haven’t seen any physical singles in FOREVER so i doubt those are included. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

No, you are fine. Its slightly confusing now because they include streams + sales, but from what I understand these are digital sales only. I haven’t seen any physical singles in FOREVER so i doubt those are included. 

Physical singles are still a thing in K-Pop, but yeah, they're pretty much completely gone in the West. :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block