Do people care TOO MUCH about Grammy Awards?

Bob Marley, David Bowie, Tupac, Bjork, Abba, Jimi Hendrix, Diana Ross, Snoop Dogg, Queen (Freddie Mercury) and Janis Joplin have NEVER won ANY Grammy award. 

yet they're still more impactful / influential than a lot of people who have won , even meghan trainor (!) of all people has won a grammy... these award shows are a joke.

do u think people really need to win awards to make a cultural impact ?

do u rlly think normal ppl care about this stuff? like do u think ppl will be like "dayuuuuum i wonder how many grammys he won" before listening to an artist? 

i mean lets be real, we're all satisfied when our favorite artists win a grammy but, it's just an ego thing imo , people always try to reduce the value of an artist to the number of records sold, the number of awards won, the number of number 1's, when in fact it's not those things that make people like the artist's music.

NY2TRfb.gifgrammy-care.jpg.82e0452044586bb6bfa228aa7728b1cd.jpg

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Yeah, the GP still cares about the Grammys but i think pop culture care TOO MUCH about it especially fandoms of faves like Beyonce or Kanye who have 20+ awards or something :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

The thing is, fandoms of faves who have few to none grammys arent delusional and do realize that the Grammys is a biased place that needs a few changes to get back to track and can call out how the grammys have a certain bias towards many people depending on many unfair things. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

However, fandoms of faves who have a TRUCKLOAD OF GRAMMYS are the most delusional pieces of ****s you can find ANYWHERE whom think that just because their fave has 20 grammys, they are better than MJ, Britney, Madonna, Freddie, Diana and much more. :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

Like, imagine thinking Cardi is better than Nicki just because she has won 2 (1 which was undeserved) grammys and more than the best-selling female rapper of all time :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

• Love 3

Everyone cares about them, yes even Kanye despite his little golden showers stunt a few months ago. Artists only claim that they don't care about Grammys when they don't win or get snubbed out of nominations, but then the moment they do get shown some love from the Grammys they're like "omg thanks so much!". :arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving:

41 minutes ago, NotLouTaylor said:

Bob Marley, Tupac, Bjork, Abba, Jimi Hendrix, Diana Ross, Snoop Dogg, Queen (Freddie Mercury) and Janis Joplin have NEVER won ANY Grammy award. 

yet they're still more impactful / influential than a lot of people who have won , like for example meghan trainor who i fkn hate she wack

do u think people really need to win awards to make a cultural impact ?

do u rlly think normal ppl care about this stuff? like do u think ppl will be like "dayuuuuum i wonder how many grammys he won" before listening to an artist? 

i mean lets be real, we're all satisfied when our favorite artists win a grammy but, it's just an ego thing imo , people always try to reduce the value of an artist to the number of records sold, the number of awards won, the number of number 1's, when in fact it's not those things that make people like the artist's music.

NY2TRfb.gif

You're 100% right. Regular people don't give 2 ****s about grammys. No one cares. 

It's only the twitter world that cares and the twitter world can be very loud. Normal people that have jobs and go to work, do not care at all about Grammy's. I am the only one out of my whole friend group that even keeps tabs on this stuff, regular people don't have time to pay attention to it.

• Love 2
On 11/25/2020 at 8:15 PM, Stefani said:

Everyone cares about them, yes even Kanye despite his little golden showers stunt a few months ago. Artists only claim that they don't care about Grammys when they don't win or get snubbed out of nominations, but then the moment they do get shown some love from the Grammys they're like "omg thanks so much!". :arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving:

To me, awards shouldn't matter, because at the end of the day, let's think, who invests money in these ceremonies? Ask yourself that question...Major record labels like Universal, Interscope, Atlantic, Sony, Warner invest A LOT of money into these award shows. Most artists who get nominated there are only artists who are in huge mainstream corporate music labels, that is enough to prove that those award shows are just promotional tools for record labels, they serve up marketing opportunities and they are meticulously orchestrated to create controversy. 

It's a one big advertisement. The Grammys are a worthless joke and nothing but a promotional circle jerk for “the business” and always have been. We are not celebrating or recognizing the best of music. Those songs in order to be nominated have to be already celebrated and buzzed for months. This is just another way to sell those said songs even more and make more bankable Hollywood celebs. It's all a game of publicity and politics. It also seems to be controlled by about 20 big corporate companies who make sure their musicians (products) get plenty of awards and air time.

• Love 2

Yes and no. For one, I believe the Grammys are a bit outdated, has flaws and are a bit selective with what they choose or decide to honor but like every balloted award show, they can’t sit there and please everyone. If one artist doesn’t win, another will find a way to complain. The Grammys are and will most likely continue to remain as the premier and most prestige award show for music and will continue to serve as a reference point for many, like it or not. Do I agree with some of their choices? No, but for the most part — I can accept that certain bodies of work get nominated and others do not. Not to mention — often times, an artist may not win an award and it could merely just be because of stiff competition. For example, I look at how Jagged Little Pill won over Daydream. Both great albums but that’s not to say Alanis didn’t deserve hers despite Mariah being a ‘bigger’ artist with a larger fanbase. Again, it’s important to look at these award shows from a non-biased point-of-view and not just in favor over a personal preference. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, AGUILEGEND IS A QUEEN said:

Yes and no. For one, I believe the Grammys are a bit outdated, has flaws and are a bit selective with what they choose or decide to honor but like every balloted award show, they can’t sit there and please everyone. If one artist doesn’t win, another will find a way to complain. The Grammys are and will most likely continue to remain as the premier award show for music and will continue to serve as a reference point for many, like it or not. Do I agree with some of their choices? No, but for the most part — I can accept that certain bodies of work get nominated and others do not. Not to mention — often times, an artist may not win an award and it could merely just be because of stiff competition. For example, I look at how Jagged Little Pill won over Daydream. Both great albums but that’s not to say Alanis didn’t deserve hers despite Mariah being a ‘bigger’ artist. Again, it’s important to look at these award shows from a non-biased perspective and not just in favor over a personal view.

React to my post rat Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg

• Haha 2

The real question is music reviews irrelevant.

One day an album is trashed, then ten years or 20 years it's like loved after years of being misunderstood or really had nothing to do with the music but hatin'the artists itself at the time. 

Perfect examples of these reviews 

Madonna Erotica, American Life, Rebel Heart and Madame X.

Christina aguilera Stripped and Bionic.

Kylie Minogue both albums released in the mid 90s when she was dubbed Indie Kylie and distanced herself through the manufactured pop of the SAW days. Kylie Minogue (1994) and Impossible Princess (1997).

Britney spears Blackout (2007) Britney herself never gets the praise, even though everybody said she was involved despite her life being a mess. But press just praise the producers not Britney at All.

Mariah carey Glitter the soundtrack isn't as bad as everybody thinks. It's just the association with the movie turned everybody off. Now the critics love the Album.

Janet jackson Damita Jo the Album after the halftime show was trashed for being a very explicit Album about celebrating what she likes to do with her lover I'm the bedroom.

Like, she said why do we shame what happens in the bed between two people in love, it's such a beautiful thing, and it shouldn't be shamed or dirty. It's the most beautiful thing and the best expressive thing. 

It's called making love for a reason. 

Lady gaga Artpop. 

Most critics Focused in gaga herself and not the music. 

Like one critic said

"It's a miracle gaga and this album can breathe or exist especially with the knifes being sharpened and aimed at her throat, like how dare she does such a deliberate lack of maturity after writing a great mature album at 25 like she did with Born this way. She's 27 if she doesn't want to be intelligent and let loose. She is welcomed to. She's not a mother or even 40 before she needs to mature. Let her enjoy life and being young.."

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block