Look at the rules from the circus tour

Balldepp

• Super Mods
On 11/6/2020 at 7:06 PM, car said:

Ah I remember this (recently watched the performance)... but haven’t watched the interview in a while.. forgot Oprah said that! 

I think technically she was speaking on behalf of the staff because she said the staff came to her and praised how nice and easy going she is as they were prepared for a bunch of demands. I do think Oprah was a little judgy towards Britney like asking what's the meaning behind the snake and trying test her intelligence like she was gonna a madonna-esque answer that proves "Oh you're not a dumb label puppet" and seemed disappointed by Britney's simple answer like she expected more out of Britney. I do believe Oprah does like that she's nice but I'm sure she's like "oh you're dumb" and I kinda get that vibe from her.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/6/2020 at 5:34 PM, PZHSB said:

I had a friend who worked an arena during the femme fatale tour and they all had to sign disclosures and were told not to look Britney in the eye should they see her. They weren’t to speak unless spoken to by anyone in her camp. It was notoriously one of the most demanding requests they said they’ve ever seen from any artist. 

it’s very sad to look back and see the bubble they’ve always had her in. She has always seemed so easy going and friendly with everyone so it must’ve taken a toll on her to be so kept away from human interaction. 

It’s heartbreaking. But I guess he wanted to avoid a KFed #2. That was extreme though. 

On 11/6/2020 at 10:34 PM, PZHSB said:

I had a friend who worked an arena during the femme fatale tour and they all had to sign disclosures and were told not to look Britney in the eye should they see her. They weren’t to speak unless spoken to by anyone in her camp. It was notoriously one of the most demanding requests they said they’ve ever seen from any artist. 

it’s very sad to look back and see the bubble they’ve always had her in. She has always seemed so easy going and friendly with everyone so it must’ve taken a toll on her to be so kept away from human interaction. 

Exactly the same here. I had a friend who worked at the Amstel Hotel in Amsterdam where she stayed the night when performing the Femme Fatale tour in Rotterdam. Even at the hotel, all staff had to sign a bunch of papers to not look into her eyes, not make any contact etc. He had never seen this before with any other artists

On 11/7/2020 at 1:08 AM, Puppy said:

It’s a common practice in the industry, I was told that it’s to not distract talent as locking eyes with them means they might want to talk to you or make them feel uncomfortable. I think in this case, since she’s such a social butterfly that they don’t want her getting close to anyone and spilling out any secrets.

Edit: and I found this out the hard way, that's when I realize actors are pretty lonely people and are needy as one actor couldn't stop talking to me and he couldn't shut up or get the hint to leave me alone or maybe I'm just too polite...also I was told that in terms of movie sets, the actors need to need to depend on the director for feedback and if you are talking to them then they could start turning to you for advice and stuff and thus you are screwing up production because yes I too found out some actors are really that insecure, everyone is different but when millions of dollars are on the line, don't take any chances kind of thing, just do your job and keep your head down is the rule for everyone. 

it is called Total Control

5 hours ago, Puppy said:

I think technically she was speaking on behalf of the staff because she said the staff came to her and praised how nice and easy going she is as they were prepared for a bunch of demands. I do think Oprah was a little judgy towards Britney like asking what's the meaning behind the snake and trying test her intelligence like she was gonna a madonna-esque answer that proves "Oh you're not a dumb label puppet" and seemed disappointed by Britney's simple answer like she expected more out of Britney. I do believe Oprah does like that she's nice but I'm sure she's like "oh you're dumb" and I kinda get that vibe from her.

I need do re-watch the interview, but I feel like I kinda remember that vibe. I remember Oprah asking her what she would have done if she wasn’t this and Lynne saying something to the effect of ‘a talk show like yours’ - and Oprah being like ‘🙄🙄🙄’. 

Archived