James Charles covers VOGUE Portugal

Towelney

I love the message - we need to normalize texture, pores, scars, and all other 'imperfections'. I'm so tired of airbrushed 'beauty'. Like, we literally have people FaceTuning out their knees, armpits, and the lines on their fingers. It's clear that it's never going to be enough, so it's better just to embrace our natural beauty. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: Though, it's weird coming from James when he could totally be the spokesperson for FaceTune. :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised:

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I love the message - we need to normalize texture, pores, scars, and all other 'imperfections'. I'm so tired of airbrushed 'beauty'. Like, we literally have people FaceTuning out their knees, armpits, and the lines on their fingers. It's clear that it's never going to be enough, so it's better just to embrace our natural beauty. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: Though, it's weird coming from James when he could totally be the spokesperson for FaceTune. :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised:

I also feel like makeup culture has gotten so extra the last few years with all these tools so readily available and user friendly. 

Folks really out here erasing their noses and **** and their face has like this halo from the airbrush editing lmao. 

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

the entire history of humans is based on pushing boundaries and this is why we live in better condition compared to our ancestors. I wanna live in a society where people try to be the better version of themselves. It's  like a diamond, you can appreciate its natural looks but turn stunning if youw work it

diamond-take-hours_1200x_8a00ae1a-5235-4

Edited by OnlyBeyonce
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Exactly, I don't get the title of this issue, he facetunes to the high heavens. Hell, even those freckles on him are painted. Having said that, I love him and this cover is beautiful, I just have a problem with the story hah

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block