Jamie Spears' Request for Additional Counsel in Britney's Conservatorship Battle Approved

C0CKy

3 minutes ago, Derrick said:

Wow how is this even possible?

From a legal perspective: judge penny thinks there’s underlying issues here and thinks it’s fair to provide Jamie with proper counsel equipped to go against Britney’s seasoned legal team. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, PZHSB said:

From a legal perspective: judge penny thinks there’s underlying issues here and think it’s fair to provide Jamie with  proper counsel equipped to go against Britney’s seasoned legal team. 

I was about to say this, I think it's standard protocol to accept and then await objections from the other side.

However it still makes me so angry :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

Jamie and his camp are such hypocrites.

• Like 8
Just now, Slayer said:

I was about to say this, I think it's standard protocol to accept and then await objections from the other side.

However it still makes me so angry :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

Jamie and his camp are such hypocrites.

It’s infuriating.

IMO judge penny has her concerns with Britney’s mental health and is allowing a team to argue Jamie’s case because the team he has now is not equipped for the battle they have ahead. this reads as the judge probably thinks it’s best for Britney to remain in her restraints but is allowing the rest to play out with the lawyers. 

4 minutes ago, FreeLou said:

This is so ridiculous. He claimed it would be a waste of money if she had more lawyers. How could the judge overlook that part unless she’s corrupt? Doesn’t take a genius to see what’s going on. 

From my understanding, Jamie’s lawyers inserted case law in their petition that basically said Jamie as CONservator has the right to hire as many lawyers as he wants with or without her approval.

And since Sam Ingham didn’t respond or dispute it within 24 hours, Penny approved. Ingham can still petition against this, in which case there will be a 14 day period to make a decision. Or he may choose to focus on the funny money in the accounting reports instead of fighting against this. 

• Love 3
  • Like 5